• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Trucks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1966 IH Scout 800
IMG_0599.jpg

This is a great thread guys! I grew up in and around a ‘66 Scout like the one pictured above. I’ll find some slides of it and post them here. I would love to own one someday but the prices have really gone up. Here are some pics of IH trucks that I’ve seen in the last couple of years...
1933D9F1-875C-42CC-839F-071B2E62392C.jpeg

630E554D-5524-47A0-95B4-03F8631D5F16.jpeg

73670401-37C3-49FA-8948-FBA302CC5794.jpeg

B7EE5033-4C86-4A35-9121-5F38768E45B2.jpeg

This one has a Cummins 4BT in it😎
889F189B-BECB-42C4-8352-9AC60FC21845.jpeg

I love this whole IH setup🙌🏻

IH scout story...moons ago..a guy worked for me in a gravel pit.He was a practical joker.Drove me nuts.He was the kind who would cry wolf then laugh.One day I fired up his scout,rolled up windows ,locked doors,put in low and 4 wheel,tied the steering wheel off,crawled out the back.Went and found him and asked who was driving his scout in circles.It was fun watching this overweight fella crawling thru the back door.Yea, he called me a few names but no more jokes...

Here's a picture of my 1966 Scout 800. I've owned it since April of 1989. It's pretty much as it left the IH factory in '66 and has only done about 30,000 miles. I know I should paint it, but I'm reluctant to paint over the original finish. The brush guard and plow mount are gone since the picture was taken, but the Scout looks about the same.
Scout 800.JPG

Last edited:
That is a beauty! IMHO I would leave it as it is. It is in good enough shape and only original once! Pretty sharp for being 55 years old. Thanks for sharing👍🏻

I love the scouts. One of these days I will have one.

I do have a Scout story that was told by a friend of mine.

At the time, he was working in a plant in the Ft. Wayne, Indiana area (early to mid 2000's) as and industrial maintenance tech. He had a co-worker that at one time, had been an IH Employee working at the Ft. Wayne Scout Plant. Toward the end to the Scouts (late 70's) his co-worker had ordered/purchased a new Scout through the employee program.. Once it went into production, someone found out which Scout was the one being made for this guy. Once he took delivery, he found the drivers window would only roll down an inch or so and then stop. Being someone who builds them, he took the door apart to see what was wrong. Once he had the door panel off, he found a chunk of 2x4 cut to length, and placed in the door between the bottom of the door and the window. This board had the signature of every employee that had touched this Scout throughout the plant and was placed there before delivery, as joke, and a gift from his co-workers in the plant. He removed the wood so the window would work, but it was kept with the Scout......

Latest posts

Back