IH tiller tines

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsdavis

displayname
jason davis
Just wondering where you all get your replacement tines and parts for the tillers
thank you
Jason

Try the sponsors above. They done us all good in finding parts. Its almost sad to say I can get parts shipped to me from these guys cheaper than the local guy but it's true.

Dean,I agree with you ive searched for parts high and low on the web but ill have to say the sponsers have the best selection.UNFORTUNATLY i live in california in an area that has absolutly no parts IH case dealers cub dealers or anything cub related within a days drive!once i figure out why my computer wont allow me to e mail the sponsors ill contact them and see if they have the tines.Thank You

Jason; CC Specialties has them listed under implement parts.

Ok Jason,

We would much rather see you going to one of our fine sponsors but I would have to add that Cub Cadet is in the area within less than a days drive . Here is a listing of a few near by in your area, granted there not right next door but I'm sure there better than nothing when you shread a belt or somenthing on a Friday. These all came right off to Cubs web site. Hope this helps
thumbsup.gif

LAWN TECH EQUIPMENT COMPANY
18935 VAN BUREN BLVD. B-1
RIVERSIDE, CA 92508
(951) 780-1788
80 miles

LAWN MOWER CORNER
1657 EAST WALNUT
PASADENA, CA 91106
(626) 792-7297
106 miles

ABATE-A-WEED INC.
9411 ROSEDALE HIGHWAY
BAKERSFIELD, CA 93312
(661) 589-0615
129 miles

Boy am I lucky I think there is 4 within 50 miles of home including the one between the the two stores that I take care of.

Luther,Thank you
Brian,Thank you I went on the site but it wouldnt give me more than a 50 mile radius.I did find a case dealer/parts house in bakersfield.Me and my computer argue on a regular basis one day ill figure out how to search better ect!!!Well riverside it is!!Thank all of you.first ill get ahold of the sponsors because this site has been a gold mine of treasure!!I found a previous post where a guy(sorry dont rember the name)welded some metal to the tines and ground angles on the metal.I might try that to save a bit of money at first,I know ill have to replace them eventually.

Dean yes sir you are lucky as are id say 98% of all others you have cubs all around you and parts!!Id love to drive my wife nuts with a yard full of cubs for parts and a bunch of running ones. again thank you guys
Jason

Jason, if you have a welder how bout hard facing them. They do that in the gravel pits to save the edges on the loader buckets, I don't see why that wouldin't work for tiller tines. Just a crazy idea.

Dean
probably not a bad idea BUT my pops took my welder to Idaho and i havent seen hyde nor hair of it since.Id take them to the neighbor but ive got to finish his electrical panels first.he let me use his front end loader to clean up the back yard so the favor is now owed to him!!!

74632.jpg

these are the tines some are ok but most will need to be replaced.aint much meat left on them

Hey at least you had a welder, I keep dreaming of one for myself. Someday...

Jason, cub cadet specialties, a sponsor at the top has tines listed on their site.

I don't know as I'd wish on anyone (even KentucK) building those tines back up. That would be a pretty bad time sink versus a new set... I'd think you'd have to heat treat 'em after you were done welding to keep them from losing their temper (no, not this kind
swear.gif
)

Kendall, a hard facing rod does not require tempering for maximum wearability. Your right tho new would be better, then hardfaceing....
happy.gif

I was really thinking more of the condition of the parent material after the welding operation - most tiller tines (
confused.gif
) are of a spring steel material - I'm afraid that <u>it</u> might loose its temper.....
angry.gif

The other thing is that those tines are soooo far gone it'd take a long day at the bench runnin' all that rod....

Here's a link to an archived page with a post by Terry Busch on welding up his worn tiller tines. Scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page.

TILLER TINES

It's amazing what you can find with the search utility.....
coffee.gif

Im not to good at welding,now i could make it look pretty good but i never got the heat/depth thing quite right!I agree with you guys when it comes to buying the new ones,itll probably save ALOT of time and heart ache.cost is quite a bit but they will probably last a good long time for me my soil is sandy and soft and all ill probably use it for is turning in the garden that has been tilled before.terry in his post did alot of work on the tines.I dident even think about them being hardened or spring steel.
thanks
jason

Jason, my tines were shot by last year. I did the Terry B. tine rebuild this spring and it worked great. Up until I tilled my neighbors garden and surfaced some boulders, they held up. I ended up breaking 14 of them. I guess the hard surfacing didn't work out right. Not saying I wouldn't try again some day, but this fall I'm going to use my brother's troy-bilt horse.

Nick - I'd be interested in more detail about you saying they broke. That does not tell the story.

Did they break at the welds or at the mounting holes ?
Do you know how to properly weld ?
Did you temper the tines after welding ?
Did you grind the welds after welding and thus creating blue / black hot spots in the grind ?
Do you think the boulder would have broke brand new tines ?
Couldn't you stop before you broke 14 tines , I think a couple would have been enough ;)
Do you think that you should not have been trying to till the boulders in the first place ?
A bounce back hook up on the lift would save a lot of head aches from broken parts.

I hit one rock tilling at night once with my extended width home made rear tine tiller once with my home made tractor and I broke off one whole side from the gear box.
A chain as a top link would maybe have saved it ... putting the heavier 8hp on it in place of the 5hp made it worse too but that's the way I roll ... MORE POWER !

Latest posts

Back