• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Square Balers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen S.- No kidding, I was leaving that out because I thought that was IMPLIED.

I had experience with a 46 International bale Dad had bought back in the 70's, I spent a LOT of summers behind that baler but earned a lot of summer wages also, The one thing I remember about this baler was after Dad got it was the first summer was that it was constantly breaking the twine at the knots, I remember having the mechanic out from the dealership almost every time we baled, It would bale 5 to 7 bales and then break the next, I remember Dad and my uncle getting really up set, which you cant blame them, Then after all the time of having a mechanic out, my uncle, who was a Green owner and also a great mechanic himself, ended up taking the 46 down to his farm and completely disassembling the knotter system, low and behold, the underside of the knotter plate were 2 grooves worn on the under side where the twine ran. Uncle removed the plate and welded the grooves shut and ground everything nice and smooth,That baler almost never (kinda of a loose term) missed a bale after,

I remember in 75 Dad had started custom baling, That summer after the 4th of July, WE spent almost a month straight baling, Hay and straw both, Since Dad had the baler, which we pulled with a 68, wide front round fendered 806, Man I miss that tractor, anyway, I had the privilege of workin the racks, coz that was a hot summer and there was NO way I was goin to the barn LOL

I loaded my wagons, 100 to 105 bales, back then, I could stand at the front of the wagon and throw the bale over my head, overhand throw, facing the baler back to the stack ,on top, 5 high Can't do that any more!!! It was a great part of growin up on the farm!!!
ihrotate.gif

Mick- Very cool story, I enjoyed reading it. We have had the same problem you had several times with our machines...and also had the same fix!
beerchug.gif

Here's my setup- My Uncle's Super M with my IH 37 baler behind it.. we just did 300 bales the end of last week.
259669.jpg

Latest posts

Back