IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 15 -----April 12th 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bash.gif

Are both of these bolts (circled in red) supposed to be loose, to allow for adjustment with the depth control crank? Or are they supposed to be tightened after the plow is adjusted?
dunno.gif

81734.jpg

Greg; My preference is to keep them tight after completing adjustment. But this makes more work if you change ground and have to readjust.
Just my 2c
Luther

Greg,

They should have lock nuts on them and should be kept just snug enough that the crank can move the plow bottom without excessive force, but with some resistance. "Tight" isn't right, but "loose" isn't either...split the difference and then a hair more toward tight.

Travis, yes you should have that way I could have made it!
bash.gif

Maybe I should put this under "wanted". I might need training wheels for my Cat 0 /A-frame /Brinly 10 inch combo. Yikes. I was doing some garage set up and other than getting it on the right end of the tractor....I'll be starting from scratch plowday.
I'm for sure a Hydro SGT newbie.Who's got a similar set up that could share some info. Like what holes in the A-frame work best.

1872 SGT factory tires/ wheels
C&G GT Cat-0
Brinly A-frame adapter
Brinly 10-inch

Thanks, Rick

Rick B.

I would suggest useing the holes in the A-frame adapter along with the holes in the yoke of the Brinly plow.
err.gif

Hmmmmm....that narrows it down to about 50 different possible choices! Heck how about I just watch like the last three plow days.
....I don't think so.

Rick.

Its been a while since I used that type of set up, but if memory serves me I set the attaching point 2 holes from the end on the right as seen standing at the rear of the tractor.
Attach the plow useing the center hole in the yoke.

With the plow set up this way, lay a long straight board along the landslide of the plow.
Measure the distance from the board to the inside of right rear tire.
If your measurment is over 11 inches I would say you need to move the plow over one hole.
Easyest way to check this is to pull yoke pin and move plow.
Remeasure distance. I would thing you would want no more than 10 inches useing a 10 inch plow.

Looks like it will be a little chilly, but still a nice day to plow. But then how often are the 10-day forecasts accurate.
coffee.gif

81969.jpg

Terry, you're right - 10 day forecasts aren't usually too accurate. Even if it's right on, chilly and plowing is still plowing!
Shift.gif

Rick, your 1872 will be different but this might illustrate what Lonny was talking about. On my AC620 I had to offset the mount to the right to allow for the width of the tractor this makes the right side tire ride in the furrow properly. Note that on my AC620 due to the height of the tractor (the AC 620 is a pretty big tractor) I had to mount the attaching point on the bottom of the A-frame adapter to get the plow low enough. You should not have to mount the attaching point to the bottom but likely will have to offset it to the right.

81975.jpg

81976.jpg

Kraig and Lonny,
I did a little garage set-up and I think I'm close enough to get started. Also whipped up a weight bracket. This is gonna be a Looooong week!

See you boys (sorry Kraig) plowin'

Rick, see you and everyone on the 12th, well maybe in pictures.
bash.gif
I hope someone will take and post some photos.
bouncy.gif

Latest posts

Back