IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 11.0, April 8, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am already loaded just have to tie down the hoods.Truck full of parts and trailer full too.Can't be any worse than the plowday in Hunnington.
happy.gif

Let me preface what I'm about to type with the following bio.....

I have hosted several of these events, two of them have been WET, both have been last minute decisions to go or not.....and I have had some pretty tough calls to make.... I have had to use a rain date for one of my plow days, I know what that does to peoples plans. I have driven 9 hours to a plow day. I have driven 5 hours to a plow day that was called off due to a horrible storm. I have left before the final "call" was made, at my own expense and risk. In short, I am qualified to make the following comments.

This is not intended to offend, point fingers, etc., but rather to give you a glimpse of what Travis has to consider, and what he has on the line.

The host is the ONLY person who can make the call about wether to have this event or not. He is the only one standing in his field, looking at his ground, and with his arrangements (and $$$ for those arrangements) on the line. Whatever Travis decides about this weekend is final and should be respected. (I think we all understand this....)

Please remember that "showing up anyway" can be just as big of a problem for a host as having to cancel. Parking in "safe" places becomes an issue, as does the food stand, schedule, a place to stand out of the rain, people getting stuck.....blah blah blah.

I'm sure Travis is thinking VERY hard about how to arrange this event so we can all get together and have the most fun possible. I'm also 100% certain that he is considering the schedule of events and looking for ways to arrange things so some form of a plow day can come off this weekend.

The suggestions are great, and I'm sure he appreciates them, but remember, it's still his deal to manage. I'm sure everyone has the best intentions of the event in mind, but please remember that these kind of calls a very tough and everyuone involved needs to respect the host's wishes (trust me, until you've been there, it's hard to completely understand).

It goes without saying that the participants need to be flexible and take responsibility for any actions they take before 8:00 AM Friday morning....let's just all hope the weather cooperates and Travis has an easier decision to make.

Again, I'm not trying to be an AH, PITA, SA, whatever......just trying to spread a little "perspective" around.

Thanks and I hope to see you all this weekend.

Steve

Even though I'm not going to make it to PD
angry.gif
I've just gotta' say there can't be any waviering once the date is set buy TRAVIS! I don't think some of you guys get it that once you/us/them get done tearing the s--- out of everything Travis is the guy that has to live with the results. All the plan are set and changing the date would be a PITA and not fair to everyone. Another thing is when you work wet topsoil it breaks down all the "goodies" in the soil and dries like concrete. Maybe I'm being a smart a$$ but ya' gotta' let Travis make the call!

Well here comes my 3 cents.
Travis think? Oh surely you jest! grin

I was gonna add something else but I better not, cause you know where I'd be goin with my thoughts!

BESIDES!
I don't think anyone here is TELLING Travis what to do or not to do, everyone is just saying what they would like done.
Personally I could give a rip one way or the other, I do enough plowing,planting and harvesting up this way to get that till the dirt thing out of my system every year.
beerchug.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on April 05, 2006)

Steve,
I was typing (slowly I must ad) as you we posting. How does the old saying go, " Don't look a gift hourse in the mouth"! Travis is kind enough to have this for us!

I guess Great minds
screwloose.gif
think alike!

Very well put Steve.

I feel that I stared this when I posted that I was coming rain or shine. Or maybe spurred it on.

Travis, I am sorry if I started this. Please forgive me, it has been a long time since I played in the dirt.

I have the trailer loaded and will wait for the 8 am call on Friday morning. I know that the wife and kids will be happy for a later departure.

Well, thanks for the support. Here is how it lies right now. I do not think the rain date will be feasible for most. I'm going to give this about a 90% "GO" as of right now. It seems the rain is supposed to track south of us. The neighbor is in the field tonight and it's dry, so a little rain may even be nice.

The only reason I will postpone is if we get a large amount of rain (basically making parking impossible). If anyone is traveling tomorrow, email me your cell # and I will call if it changes. Same goes for people needing to meet and swap iron, we can make arrangements.

Let's just hope for very little rain the next few days and this will be a good Plow Day.

very well said Travis, it seems to be wetter once you get about 10-15 miles north of Mason City from what I observed on 35 on Tuesday when heading back to the shop in MN from Hampton,IA. Let's hope the Weather Gods are in our favor for Plow Day, cause I wanna turn some dirt.

Hugh,
If your that eager to turn some dirt, Stop by and I'll fix you right up. I've got a spare shovel or two!
biggrin.gif

Beth tells me that this is supposed to be tracking up to the South side of I-80. I hope she's right about this one - I'm loaded and ready to go.
beerchug.gif
And now for the truck and trailer.....

See you Friday!}

Thanks for the map, Digger. Beth must have had the computer upside down, again.....

Keith,
I doubt she did, maps change from one weather site to the next, I ain't even gonna show the one from Weather Underground! LOL

Latest posts

Back