IH collectables

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
My wife found this at a local resale shop, I thought it was cool

229347.jpg

229348.jpg

Jeff-

It looks like that stone has seen a few blades in its time. My father was a wood carver and I've got a few worn down like that of his. People use to use things until they became useless. It wasn't a "throw away" society then.

IH COLLECTABLES!!! Now here is a good thread that's right up my alley. Will be posting as the days go by.

Looking at it.... and the way the box is constructed and labeled, I would think it was something used in the factory... to organize and transport small items..... from where they are produced, to where they are placed in an assembly.... like gears, or small shafts, or lifters/tappets, valves..... bolts..... something of the sort....

It does not look like an organizer for snap rings, or the like, since the holes are all the same size, and no location for a label.....

OK, Allen was the closest. It's a IHC germination tray. Tray was used to check the percentage or quality of seed that would come up, that's why it had 100 holes.

Leave it to Allen to be thinking about growing something ...

Tom - You gonna post more ?

Ya, If I can figure out WTF is going here. Won't let me post pix.
bash.gif

When the IHC (McCormick-Deering Dealer sold a item to Farmer Jones he had better make sure he had something for Mr. Jones and the kids. I have lots of these "trinkets" as I can 'em, and will be posting as the thread continues.

Note how happy the kids are in the pic? Wait until they've been crankin' for a hour or so.

229495.jpg

Latest posts

Back