• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

If Pearl Harbor happened TODAY

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie-

You're exactly right but it's hard to talk about things like Pearl Harbor and war and not involve religion or politics. They are usually up front in almost any confrontation nowadays.

Maybe you could start another website altogether about nothing but. That would be a hoot.

Thanks for letting us get this far.

YIKES! That would be a big can of worms and would likely ruin friendships here.
icon_eek.gif

Kraig-

I said "another website" for that reason. I wouldn't want anything to do with the ruining of "friendships" however that may happen.

Wayne, yes, however if something happens on another website between two IH Cub Cadet forum members, it would likely ruin a friendship here... Would be the same, for example, as if two forum members got into an argument while at a Plow Day or doing something else together. That dispute could spill over into IH Cub Cadet. Why intentionally open that can of worms?

BTW, can I get an "Amen!"?
jester.gif

sorry.gif

Playing devil's advocate: Why must everyone agree?

Where I live now (North Carolina) great emphasis is placed on everyone agreeing with one another (even when they don't); where I grew up (New Hampshire) people weren't afraid to expose their differences, talk about them, and go home friends (instead of secretly enemies).

The difference? The Rules of Engagement were strictly enforced up North; down South anything goes in love, war, and anything else (except we're better at minding our manners).

The point? If this forum were to open up the topics of religion and politics, the moderators would have a lot more work to do. More work than they're willing to take on, I'll wager.

Hence the reason that most political or religous forums are sponsored by those with a vested interest --it benefits them.

The issue isn't a moral one, its a matter of work load. For a forum devoted to another topic --Cub Cadets-- such topics are simply a distraction: and a time and energy wasting one at that.

My opinion.
smile.gif

Can somebody tell me how many quarts of fluid go in the transmission of my 1450? LOL!

Seriously...

How many GABILLION forums and chat rooms on the Internet are devoted to discussing politics or religion? Plenty...

The reason the moderators of this forum (and most other garden tractor forums) don't offer up a place to talk about politics or religion is because there is no reason for it. If you want to talk about those topics, go somewhere else. If you want to talk about GTs and their related topics, this is a great place to do it.

I really think this thread has gone far enough at this point, but then again that's just my opinion. It's just a little yellow garden tractor!
happy.gif

Before this thread gets locked, I'd like to say Wayne's right, ya know. This forum may not be the place to express our real feelings about the way this country's going but it's nice to have a place to express feelings. We have "MY RANT" Would that be a better place to go? :>)
Under "EDIT". Moderators: Perfect chance to close this page.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back