• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

I joined the "Super Club"!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oak, thanks for sharing that video. I found it very interesting, especially since I repowered my 782 with an 18hp Vanguard about 12 years ago. I'm still really happy with it and I've had zero problems.

I don't know if it was mentioned or if others knew about or noticed, but Vanguard is owned by B&S...saw that when I went on their website to check them out. Also noticed their motors looked VERY much identical to the B&S that was on my Craftsmen - Intek 24. Nothing against B&S, I never had any problems with the Intek other than carb cleaning due to using 87 pump gas and not using treatment prior to winter storage. Was a smooth running and powerful motor...

I don't know if it was mentioned or if others knew about or noticed, but Vanguard is owned by B&S...saw that when I went on their website to check them out. Also noticed their motors looked VERY much identical to the B&S that was on my Craftsmen - Intek 24. Nothing against B&S, I never had any problems with the Intek other than carb cleaning due to using 87 pump gas and not using treatment prior to winter storage. Was a smooth running and powerful motor...

The Vanguard and Intek are both briggs engines.
The Vanguard is pretty much an Industrial engine and the Intek just a consumer engine.
Both are good, the Vanny will live a long time though.
Vanguard quality is comparable to the Honda small engines.
Vanguards are available as Horizontal or Vertical.
The Inteks have had issues with pistons, connecting rods, push rods.
I'm not sure but I believe the Intek Vtwin is only available as a vertical engine.
I have a 16HP Vanguard on my AC620. It easily out performs the onan oppy that was there.

Back