• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydraulic fluid help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a 2182 ordered fluid from CC dealer they ordered it this is what showed up. Can this be used or should I get official Hytrans?
IMG_3275.jpeg

The service department for my Cub Cadet dealer told me I could use either 30W or 10W30 full synthetic motor oil in my hydrostatic transmission when changing fluid instead of Hytran. Has anyone else had experience with this and if so, did any problems result?

lHave a 2182 ordered fluid from CC dealer they ordered it this is what showed up. Can this be used or should I get official Hytrans?View attachment 155131

Have a 2182 ordered fluid from CC dealer they ordered it this is what showed up. Can this be used or should I get official Hytrans?View attachment 155131

Northland makes the fluid for the majority of the implement companies, Case IH, John Deere, etc. Can still get the Northland Hytran from any Northland dealer. Northland oil is it Waterloo, Iowa. Long established company.

My 2014 Tank SZ60 suggests Cub oil but also suggests alternatives. For the Kawasaki it suggests Rotella 15W40, I think. I'll take a look at the manual and post back. I've used Rotella In my Cubs and diesel compacts and all the rest of my outdoor equipment after much research.

My 2014 Tank SZ60 suggests Cub oil but also suggests alternatives. For the Kawasaki it suggests Rotella 15W40, I think. I'll take a look at the manual and post back. I've used Rotella In my Cubs and diesel compacts and all the rest of my outdoor equipment after much research.

Not relevant to the OP's tractor. The newer machines use different hydro fluid than the older models.

Latest posts

Back