• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hunting/Fishing PICS- POST-EM Here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whippoorwills !
DANG CRS!!!
Took me 9 minutes to remember !

Jerry - Yeah I know that Kraig talks to himself ...
LOONs

We have some here but don't hear them that much.

KENtucky, quote: Oh well at least I can go sit on the lake at night and listen to the... Listen to the WHAT?
1a_scratchhead.gif
UNDER EDIT: AH! Whippoorwills. I hate Whippoorwills! Noisy birds... Too bad it's not legal around here to
Shotgun.gif
them...

Jerry, yep, we have loons around. A few weeks ago I was stacking some fire wood and heard one a ways off in a direction away from the river. I thought it might have been the neighbor with a call of some sort. Then a few moments later I heard it call directly overheard. I looked up (mouth shut
icon_eek.gif
) and saw it flying low, headed towards the river. Pretty neat to see and hear it that close.
happy.gif

Update, my neighbors on each side of me have seen the quail around as well. One mentioned that they seem a bit tame. The other mentioned that another neighbor a few miles farther north has seen some come into their bird feeder. Perhaps there's a bunch of them around. I think someone must have let a bunch of them go.
dunno.gif

Kraig - What you mean you hate Whippoorwills ?
Brick_Throw.gif

May the next time you look up at a Loon your mouth flies wide open ...
fan.gif

I'd take sitting on the lake at night listening to Whippoorwills over anyother night.

KENtucky, I used to like Whippoorwills but during the mating season they like to perch on my shed and call all night long! Hard to sleep with them making that racket. Same thing up at the cabin, except they roost in the pine tree just outside the loft window and call.
angry.gif

This is from my Trophy Season bass trip earlier this season, this rock is 36" and the other I dragged in was about 34" they went nicely with a few blue claw crabs (Marylands jewel if you ask me) after a slight rest on the grill.
229787.jpg

229788.jpg

Glen - Those are nice ones , I'll give ya another thumbs up since you gave yourself one !
thumbsup.gif

I need to get into striper fishing. (spell check wants "stripper") Our state record is 58 pounds and came from Lake Cumberland down the road from me.

Here's some stuff I made 20+ years ago

229793.jpg

229794.jpg

229795.jpg

I had a rifle deer hunter but I gave it to a buddy and never got a pic of it. I used a cloths hanger wire for the rifle barrel. Wish I'd took a pic !

Just got back from checking the cameras at the farm. Oh my!
1AA_dance2.gif
Bow season opens this Saturday but I'll be camping in Michigan.
bash.gif

230350.jpg

Dude ! I want what he's smokin' !!

Kraig - Don't go to MI ... simple enough.

Here's a couple more. His antlers look a bit like Mule Deer antlers in the top photo.

230356.jpg

230357.jpg

Allen - What is it they say , You can lead a photographer to the deer but you can't make him count ...

I've been bitten many times by that archive bug. I thought I'd get the second batch posted before anyone else posted but KENtucky slipped his post in.

Art, before you even ask, the answer is: You may not hunt the farm on the bow opener!
noshare.gif
However, I might let your daughter hunt the Youth Deer hunt but that's not until mid October and I hope to have a tag on this guy by then.
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Kraig - I use to run track , 100yds in 10 flat ... I'm fast !

Kraig;
Nice buck! You've been growing him for a few years now...I believe it's "time"...Good luck!

There was a doe deer with twin fawns at my campsite yesterday. The fawns looked 3 to 4 weeks old. They were gone before i could get my camera from the truck.

Latest posts

Back