• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hunting/Fishing PICS- POST-EM Here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Here's a northern that my BIL Brian caught and released this weekend. He caught it in a small lake near the cabin. Note the bent hooks on the Rapala he caught it on. The boot toe in the photo is 4.5" wide and he figures the fish to be around 31" long.

191548.jpg

191549.jpg

I like fish with TEETH
drool.gif

We gonna have to come up with fish and bloody killin gifs !

Yep

12 cold Coors
1 Gar

Open 1 Coors
De-scale Gar
Throw Gar away
Call Pizza Hut Delivery
Open 11 more Coors eat Pizza while hot

I used to think that about carp too. I've since found that if you smoke them they can be quite good. Course there is a public stigma associated with sucking smoke through a fish and keeping them lit isnt the easiest thing either.
happy.gif

Dave - Yeah BUT Carp already have the built in lips for sucking.
Gar is awfully boney.

Kentuck-

You've probably mentioned it before but what are you fishing for? Catfish? That's mainly what we fish for at night here (NC).

I haven't been in quite a while now but we use to get a couple of pounds of chicken gizzards a couple of days ahead of when we planned to go. They get real "ripe" after being thawed for that long, especially if they've been in the sun. Those cats are some good eating though and are worth it.

I kinda like the "2 for 1 lure" fish.
191589.jpg

I mainly go for Walleye past 4 yrs.

191590.jpg

191591.jpg

I got into trolling and can't sit still. In the spring at night when the shad come to the rock edges to spwan we cast for "eyes" at night.

Here is the double planer board mast and reels that I made/cast from scratch.
191592.jpg

191593.jpg

(5 pics IF MOZILLA(crap!) will show them !!)

Kentuck-

Quite impressive! Especially the rig you made. I like the double largemouths myself but haven't done it in forty or so years. We have plenty of them but no walleye here; it's too close to the equator I guess. I see now why you go days without sleep. You gotta be there when they are. I've tangled with a few gar but you're lucky to get them in without a proper leader.

Some time try and post us a photo of the planer rig in action.

Oh, Mozilla did fine.....Thanks

I've only got 3 of the 5 pics showing...may have to reinstall. I think the last update is when the trouble started.

Just got the boat put up. I caught 1 four pound walleye and lost 2 on short strikes. My buddy who has had several up to 12 pound got zip zero nada
biggrin.gif

See the mast in action ? These blinkslinkin yahoos around here that come in here for the summer from just across the Ohio River use planer boards for target practice with their boats !

Somethings up with pictures, for the last 2 or 3 weeks I get a little square with a red x in it. If I right click on the red X I click "show picture and it pops right up. I don't do updates.

I stole that from another forum...
uhoh.gif
Under edit: It was in someones avatar at Ruger Forum

Huh, I just came across THIS THREAD at the Ruger Forum. I may have to post a few before and after photos of my Cub Cadet Original...

It was so hot on 06-14-10 that my lure was even sweating , and I took off my shirt and got burnt ! (big drop underneath in center of back) (love those #11 Tail Dancers for trolling)
192379.jpg

My second accidental 18" White Bass this year.
192380.jpg

I'm badly ashamed to even put this here for all the wrong info there is in the article.
Yes I did email the company for corrections !!

I seen where they spelled the name wrong once , it's "Tammi T".
It is docked at Grove Marina , I go by it everytime I put in.

Anyway here is the worlds largest house boat (at time it was built)

http://www.sumerset.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=87&pos=0

Well I just heard from my buddy that Sunday morning his brother found a 35" Walleye floating dead. It would have been in the 18-20 pound range.
Trying to get a copy of the pic he took with his wife's cell phone.

Back