• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hunting/Fishing PICS- POST-EM Here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, the deer were sure moving this morning! This morning on my way to work I saw a doe looking a bit like she was waiting for a buck, then 3 miles later I saw a nice buck! A coworker that lives a few miles north of me watched an 8 point chase a doe around his yard this morning. I believe it's due to the change in the weather. I'm leaving work early and headed to the farm with my bow...

It has been on the news here in NC lately that there are approx 1.1 million deer now and the authorities are trying to come up with a way to thin the herds. There was an accident recently where a person had to be air lifted out. The accident involved several cars and several other people were hurt and all because of one deer (and probably a cell phone user or two). I remember hearing them suggesting an urban bow hunting season.

I made a quick Iowa trip last week and seen 9 Deer that had been hit by vehicles thru Illinois and Indiana. I have deer that hang around my campsite on my other property. There is definitely to many deer.

Deer season came and went for me in one day. Around noon on Saturday I filled my buck day. A South Dakota Mule deer with some very whitetail-like antlers (an occasional oddity), though he's only a 6-point, he measureed just over 24" inside spread. He probably would have made quite the wall-hanger next year . . . . but he's destined to be a freezer dweller (along with 2 other does I harvested that same afternoon).
216271.jpg

Wyatt, nice!
thumbsup.gif

I didn't see any deer on Friday. The duck hunters were out again on the neighbor's property I think all the shooting from them has scared the deer away. I'm about ready to give up bow hunting for the year. Sigh.
bash.gif

Kraig-
Maybe you should just take up duck hunting.
dunno.gif

<font size="-2">"If you can't beat 'em, JOIN 'em!"</font>

Wyatt-
Nice job!

Art, read my post from Nov. 1st... However I'm not a big fan of duck or goose.
eww.gif
Pheasant I like.
yummy.gif

Wife said she needed to redecorate the family room, so I oblidged and went shopping last Wed.
216419.jpg

150class tenpointer!

Had a good morning at the Eufaula National Wildlife Refuge in glorious Eufaula,Alabama!
Harvested a good assortment of Gadwalls,Green Winged Teal,Shovelers,Wood Ducks and even a drake Mallard.
Shotgun.gif

217747.jpg

217748.jpg

Heres the only buck I saw out in the wild this season.
218030.jpg

A 1/2 rack, 4 points on the one side, broken off at the hear on the other side.
Only saw 4 deer total this season, this one was taken opening day around 10:30am.

Saw thas guy chasing does hard this afternoon late. Couldn't get him to stop,but I did take a lesser buck trailing does before the streetlights came on! Our rut usually starts middle of January,and runs into Feb. Got ywo more weeks!

219692.jpg

Bobby, nice buck! Too bad you didn't get him.

My 15 year old daughter and I went out January 2nd to try to get one of the coyotes that are in the area. She really wants to shoot one and enjoys hunting, note the smiles in the photos below. As I mentioned in some posts below and in the most recent archived page, I saw a couple coyotes while bow hunting back in late October and even got photos of one. I posted the photos of the coyote back on October 29th. Here's a couple photos of my daughter on the hike out to the back of the farm. We were headed to the ladder stand I had seen the coyotes from while bow hunting. The snow was around 3 feet deep in some areas so the snow shoes were definitely required. Unfortunately no coyotes came in to our calls. We did cross some fresh tracks on the way to the stand and we found a spot where it looked like one or two had been laying and or hunting mice around some round hay bales so we may have bumped them. We'll try again soon. Felt good to get out after a couple of weekends of not hunting. She's carrying the Browning .223 that I posted a photo of below. I carried a Ruger Single Six revolver in .32 H&R mag, just in case one came in close.

219725.jpg

219726.jpg

219727.jpg

Kraig-

As far as a good bait goes, try hunting over some road kill. Coyotes like well aged meat too. I hope your daughter bags one soon; she's going to make a tuff hunter.

Back