• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hunting/Fishing PICS- POST-EM Here

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get any gobblers this spring here in PA. But I did have a blast callin' in some birds for some "newbies".

Here's a nice bird my friend Kevin bagged. Weighed in at 20lbs, 10 inch beard and 1 and 1/4 inch spurs.

192723.jpg

Bobby, nice!

Here's a few recent photos from my cameras.

196090.jpg

I had to lighten these next 3 up a little.

196091.jpg

196092.jpg

196093.jpg

Well another Wisconsin Youth Deer hunt has come and gone and no deer and thus no deer photos.
bash.gif
How about a sunset photo and one of the moon? These were taken yesterday Sunday October 10th. No deer, the weather was way too warm at 83°F on Saturday and 81°F on Sunday and the deer were not moving.
angry.gif
We did see a good size flock of turkeys several hundred yards away in my cousin's field behind the family farm, LOTS of ducks and geese flew over, we heard one rooster Pheasant that was crowing like crazy. The most excitement we had was on the walk out on Saturday evening when a VERY large owl flew across about 12 feet in front of us at eye level!
icon_eek.gif
Well we did see one deer after shooting hours on the walk out on Saturday. It was dark and all we saw was a quick flag about 200 yards out in the field, then the deer running away. Couldn't tell if it had antlers or not. Sunday evening all we saw on the walk out was a Salamander of all things. The flash on the camera sure worked great and lit up the Salamander like it was day light. Here's the sunset and moon photos and one of the turkey flock and Salamander.

214630.jpg

214631.jpg

214632.jpg

214633.jpg

Kraig-
Bummer on the "no-deer" part of your hunt. On the other hand, I'd rather have "nice" weather and see no deer than "bad" weather and see no deer.

I like the "sun-set" pic. That camera takes really nice photos!
happy.gif

Art, so does the photographer!

Kraig, the weather may have been too nice for deer hunting, but it sure was perfect for plowing in Minnesota! Great pics (as always).

Art, how true on the good weather/bad weather. I've hunted in some really nasty weather and not seen a deer. Thanks, sometimes you get lucky with a photo or two.

Greg, thanks. Yeah, I probably should have gone plowing instead...

While I didn't see any deer this evening while bow hunting I did see a coyote.

215475.jpg

215476.jpg

215477.jpg

215478.jpg

Art, he went over and had a sniff of the cow. BTW, the cow has now passed on.

Well the coyote showed up again on Sunday evening! No deer.
angry.gif
This time the coyote came within 35 yards. Here's a view from the ladder stand looking north that I took back in early October after I put it up. I circled where the coyote was. BTW it's a female coyote and her fur is very nice. I may give up hunting deer, leave the bow home and bring the Browning .223 WSSM and go for coyote. I just know that if I do that, it would be the time the BIGGEST BUCK I'd ever seen would show up.
bash.gif

215534.jpg

215535.jpg

Well, Damon finally got his deer. This is my buddy I've known all of his life. He's the son of a high school buddy of mine. I posted a pic of him with a turkey a few pages back. He's the only one that hunts the property since I sort of hung my guns up. He has invested quite a bit of time and money in this particular deer. He got an idea of his habits with a camera like you other guys have. He thinks he shot the brow tine because when raising his gun to the stand it swung out and then hit the tree trunk scope first. It must have knocked it out some because it was about 35 yards to the deer when he shot. Much further and he would have missed alltogether.
215575.jpg

He said he can go king fishing now that he got his deer.

Wayne, CUBGRATULATIONS to Damon!
thumbsup.gif
Very nice buck!

Someday I'd just like to see the type of animal I'm hunting. Seems when I go turkey hunting I see ducks, geese, red squirrels, gray squirrels and pheasants. When I go deer hunting I see, turkeys, red squirrels, gray squirrels, ducks, geese rabbits and coyotes, when I go coyote hunting I see deer and crows, when I go grouse hunting I see, ummm, leaves...
bash.gif
I think I need to take up rabbit, squirrel, duck and goose hunting and start hunting pheasants again.
Shotgun.gif

Kraig;
A well placed shot with that .223 WSSM will drop a whitetail,but I'm sure you're aware of that.
You suffer from the same problem I do...having the wrong gun for what happens to walk out in front of you.But thanks to the new technology in ammunition,you can take almost any game with your shotgun! I've used my Benelli M2 to take turkey(a bunch),dove,deer,and duck.There is even a coyote load with Hevi-Shot.Change the choke and load and you're ready for bear!
Dove season went out till Thanksgiving;just bowhunting for now.Our gun deer season opens the 20th and runs thru Jan 31st.
Fixin to get busy!
Happy hunting;
Bobby B.
Shotgun.gif
!

Thanks Kraig, I'll let him know. BTW, he used a .50 cal black powder. The season came in last Saturday. He hunted the same scenario with bow a few times and passed on many bucks. Here's the trail we made taking the 124 with a small, regular size trailer to retrieve the deer.

215625.jpg

Bobby B.-

What shotgun load do you use for bear? I would assume you use at least a 12 ga...maybe 10? Is there a special slug for bear?

Kraig;

Just funnin'
on the bear comment. No bear hunting allowed in Alabama...however,in the great state of Alaska the back-up gun of choice for archery bear hunts is a Remington 870 shooting 1oz lead slugs. Whole lotta knock down,but 'ya can't be skeered!
Bobby B.

Hey all, thought I would throw a picture of my latest up for everyone to see. I'm glad I took this one when I did, things here in WI really slowed down this week, the bucks are sticking tight with the doe and just aren't moving.
This one is a 10 point 18 7/8 inside spread and dressed 187 as a three year old, now a few does and the freezer will be full for another year!
216016.jpg

Todd, CUBGRATULATIONS! Nice buck.
thumbsup.gif

It's been so darn warm around my part of Wisconsin that the deer have not been moving much at all. My trail cams have not caught much action either, well except for skunks and coyotes.
bash.gif

Back