• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How Many Garden Tractors & What's Your Limit?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Well - my fleet of off color tractors plus my 1650 bring me to about 6 tractors and close to getting my head chopped-off if I buy another one. Having said that, I may be looking at a 149 this weekend...
banned1.gif

I'm running out of space to keep these things and betwix the Cub and others, I'm beginning to think this is enough. Don't really want to sell anything to make room for another tractor - but wouldn't rule it out.

So - how many tractors do you have laying around?

What is your limit of tractors you'd have on hand if you could?

If you could only have one garden tractor - what model would it be and why?

Lets see.. I have the 109 and the 126.. I have the craftsman 16 horse buried at the back of the shop.. The original which I still count as dad's.. The Simplicity next door.. oh, and the 102 in another state. Thats, what, 6?

Limit? Whatd'ya mean, limit?
dizzy.gif
I don't have a problem.. <font size="+1">DONT TELL ME I HAVE A PROBLEM!!</font> I'm joking, BTW. I'm not (that) crazy.
explotar2jr.gif

Keep only one tractor? The 126. That is my answer, every time. Even if I had a 169, I'd sell that before I sold the 126. I'd walk through hell and back for that tractor. Why? It was Grandpa's, and we overhauled it together as a 15th birthday gift for me.

Well, I own three, but have one on loan to SON, the 982. Depends on whether SON buys one or we fix the 70 up for him whether I buy another one. The 70 with the slow 2nd gear would reduce my mowing time from 4-1/2 to 5 hrs by at least an hour, and was going to be my main mowing tractor. If Son takes it I'll mow with the 982 I guess. If SON buys a new tractor, I'm keeping ALL of my Cubbies.

If I did get another CC, It'd probably be a 149 or 782. And if I could only have ONE, it'd have to be my 72, since I've had it the longest already, and ALL my attachments fit it.

I've had as many as SIX Cubbies in the shop before, I stored three of Wyatt's when he lived in Waukesha several years ago, plus several attachments for him. But since then I've inherited Dad's '51 FARMALL M & loader, so the shop is crammed pretty full already. I do have one parts Cubbie, a 123 frame & rearend, and the grill is around here somewhere too. But it all sleeps with the animals...

Living here inside the "Cheddar Curtain" it's really hard to own/run anything except a Cub Cadet. Too many great parts dealers within 15-20 miles. Used to be a Simplicity/Kubota dealer about 3-4 miles from here but they closed 5 yrs ago. When we moved here 20 yrs ago I had about the only CC's around for several miles. Now there's 3-4, maybe more of the newer CC's around. I guess I started something!
greenthumb.gif

Bill: Point blank and blunt - 149.
happy.gif
Why will have to come later.
happy.gif

For compete Cub Cadets I have 1- Original, 2- 125 and 2- 105, though they are not all running or fully assembled but the parts are all there for them. I also have a mostly complete 149 parts chassis, no engine, hood or front axle it will hopefully someday be used to build a utility Cub Cadet. I have frames and various parts left from 2 124, 2 125 and 1 106. I also have a complete Allis Chalmers 620 with a loader and some CAT-0 attachments. If I had to keep just one it would have to be my #1 125 as that is my first one and the one my parents bought new. The Original would be hard to part with though as it was a gift from a bunch of forum members here many years ago.
happy.gif

I'm with Charlie on this one. Plus I just don't have that much time.

The basket case 128 sitting out there that my father bought in '73 would have to be the one that stays. I do plan on refurbishing it but it will be retired (sorta like Hydros 169) when finished.

I do wish there was a IH Cub Cadet Museum. I would really like something like that to take my cubs when I'm done. How would you like to work at such a place???

Wayne, since there is no museum I will be your un-offical son and will take your cubs when your done with them
err.gif

I have 4 running and 3 not running

And I can,t have just one

240259.jpg

I have about 20 cub cadets. Four of those need some work on the engine. Most need paint.I like to get my cubs running good and use them. Maybee some day i will get the urge to paint.My favorite cub is my 169. But also would really miss the 124 and the #1 100.

If my wife asks - tell her I have 2 Cubs, I mean 2 lawnmowers... I have a 72, 122, 125, 149, 1650, 382, my dad's 100, my brother's 109, plus another 72 with a 12hp in my shed. I have a 105 and a 127 in pieces, plus a lot of other parts. And I have a a Wheelhorse C-160 waiting for repair.

I mow with the 125 and 109. The 125 goes to my sister's for snowplowing duty. I plow dirt at plow days with the 122.

I think Art or someone said you need one Cub Cadet for each attachment so I have not met nor am I near my limit yet!

Which one would I keep if I could only have one? Hmmm, tough question, depends on what day it is, or if mowing needs to be done, or a plow day is coming...

Vincent, Its not ONE per implement, its two tractors per implement, so if one breaks down, the other one is raring to go.
dizzy.gif

Jeremiah:
And then of course you have to have at least two "project tractors" and several "parts tractors".. and several tractors cobbled together so you can fab things up, like, say..... a dedicated saw rig with a buzzsaw welded right onto the frame out front and a log splitter on the back, or an articulated or tracked version. Y'know, several cubs you can do whatever you want to and noone'll really throw a fit since they were cobbled together in the first place.

I have a 1250 and an Original. The 1250 has the deck and a snow blade. It would be nice to have another tractor so I could dedicate one to each. The O is just the tractor but I will be looking for a deck and other goodies some day. Wish I had my first cub, a 122. Kinda miss that cub. Oh, I am keeping both.

Back