• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from Connecticut

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjenkins

displayname
William Jenkins
Hello from NE Connecticut. I found this site a while back when I was looking to buy a used IH Cub Cadet lawn tractor. When I just got out of college in the mid 1980s, my dad bought a CCC 383 Hydro that we still use. I've done lots of work on it over the years including two new engines, work on the pulley assemblies on the deck, etc. Instead of scrapping the old machine, I decided to keep it going a little longer. Eventually I would like to get an older IH Cub Cadet but probably not for a few years.

I'm on some other on-line forums for other hobbies (cigars, pachinko machines, car clubs, etc.) so I figured there'd be one for Cub Cadets and sure enough, I found this site very easily.

Today I had a problem with the 383, the bearings in the intermediate drive pulley are shot however, I damaged the pulley when trying to remove it. They've been discontinued so I've been trying to figure out where to get one.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate it. If not, I hope to check in every now and then and learn more about the IH machines and try to figure out exactly which model to keep an eye out for.

Thanks,
Bill

Welcome William, You would have better responce if you post under the lawn tractor section. Keep the old tractor going.

William: Welcome to the IH Cub Cadet Forum.
WELCOME.gif

There is a section of the Forum devoted to the Cub Cadet's larger cousins" or something to that effect. I think you can also post about Off-Topic tractors.

I agree with Melody, this section is sort of reserved for family events of "Coming and Going" (although a forum moderator may correct me).
correct police.gif

Latest posts

Back