• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hard starting 1811

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryarbrough

displayname
Rudy Yarbrough
I have a yard that requires a lot of stops and short backups to clear shrubs etc and the safety cut off of the PTO was driving me crazy to say nothing of the stress on the PTO each time I switched it back on with the engine at full power. I also was having trouble with starting my tractor some times with nothing happening when I turned the key to start. I pulled the reverse PTO cutout switch connector loose from the mount and jumped it to eliminate the cutout switch and the dead starting problem went away. It seems that the reverse cutout switch was old and the terminals were corrode enough to not allow any current to pass through the ignition switch. Of course if anyone does this they must realise that they are defeating a safety provision by the manufacturer and consideration of the potential danger must be considered. I am not a lawyer either.

Rudy, it's called 'Dumbing down in America'. My 147 has one safety sw., to be sure your in neutral and brake applied at start up. If I had a $1 for every dangerious thing I or my son did while we grew up I'd be on easy street. Lawyers would have loved me.
But as the comedian Ron White would say:
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

I might have to add to our list. But I'm sure someone would get PO'd over it, LOL
222736.jpg

Back