• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hall Valve Seat Inserter

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEN - Yep, Miller & Lincoln both used thousands of those Onan engines to run welder/generators. They seem to hold up better on them than they do in garden tractors.

My B48G started running poorly about the second mowing this spring. I put new plugs in, reset the points, rebuilt the carb, installed a new fuel pump I bought 5-6 yrs ago, I shouldn't have looked at the reciept, just over $100 with tax! None of it made any difference. I ordered new points & condensor and installed them, about $40 with shipping, and didn't expect it to run any different but it runs decent now.

My local CC dealer laughs at me when I ask for Onan parts for that 982! EVBERYTHING is "NLA". The 982 is a great tractor, just wish it had something different for an engine.

I'm sure you could bolt a Kohler right in there or even the little Kubota if you'd turn loose of that moldy green stuff !

A 982D turbo would be sweeeet !

Thanks to all. Sorry about the J-B Weld...looking into Pyro-Putty 2400. Before I " glue "....anyone know where I could fing .002 or .005 oversized seats....O'Nsn p/n 110-0197-02 or 110-0197-05 ?
Thanks.

Dennis - Have you checked into having it welded and re-cut for standard size ?

KENtuckyKEN ; I can get .010 oversized, and wondered if I could find a shop to cut them down to the size I need. I also don't know if the old seat has worn, just the block opening is worn, or both. So it's tuff to know exactly which oversized seat I need. Any idea of a shop that could cut them down ? How can I get a drawing of the original seat ? Are you near Northern KY ?

Back