• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

GT 3235

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rblodgett

displayname
Randy Blodgett
Pushing snow recently and when backing up, machine came to a complete stop like something locked up. am able to move forward then backwards, sometimes it will lock up again but can still move forward. other times i can move forward then it will back up with no problem. machine is moving considerly slower also. i have gotten underneath and nothing is interfering, filter has been changed recently. not sure if the diff lock is engaging ) foot is off the pedal) or what is happening. Any ideas?

Do you use tire chains of it Randy? Any chance they are hooking something on the tractor sometimes when you back up? Sounds strange but it happened to me on my 1782 once.

nope, no chains - looked al around the rear end and there is nothing interfering. The filter came from a Cub Cadet dealer, but the machine was backing up slower even before i changed the filter, fluid level is on the full mark. had a small engine mechanic tell me he thought it could be the reverse valve.

How about the linkages from Hydro to pedal, is there slop anywhere?
Shift.gif

I'm guessing here that you have two sticking check relief valves. They either have some ice or sludge or something very small causing them to stick. Remove them and very carefully clean them thoroughly and check the area inside where they fit for any signs of built up contamination.

regardless of whether it has a cast iron or aluminum rear end, i would say the bolts that hold the diff together are coming out, better check it before they come all the way out and make an inspection hole. but that's just my 2 cents.

i'll check out where the valve are and try to clean them. Failing that i guess i'll split the diff and check all bolts.

3235's had a problem with the bolts working loose, had the rearend in the one I have lock up, needed to replace diff, lucky for me this happened while the machine was still under warrenty.

well got it pulled and opened up to a point where i can see the bolts have backed out, just trying to figure out how to get everything completely out now.

parts diagram is not all that specific, but do the axles have to be pressed out of the housings in order to get the diff out?

Hey eveyone..I am looking for info on an 1864.I have 1 i am trying to get together. Unfortunately i'm finding out that the engine wiring is very confusing. I have a wiring diagram for the engine, just having a very hard time figuring out what hooks to what on the tractor.The engine i have is a kohler ch18s. If anyone could help me out with this with info or actual pics of wire connections and colors i'd really appreciate it. Answers or any kind of help can be emailed or posted. TIA

Ron}

Thanks Charlie, The biggest problem i'm having is the engine has about 10 wires coming out of it, some are seperate and some are in a connector. They all look factory but some of them have been cut and had ends put on them to fit i have no idea what...lol..I guess i'm just gonna have to cut all the ends of, figure out which wires i need to use and put them in a connector to fit the tractor.The tractor harness and connector is original so i guess in some way ihave a starting point.

Ron, to add to the confusion, Kohler has 104 different Command twin wiring harnesses. Yes, it is true! One constant with them is the color of the wire insulation, that remains true to the wiring diagrams Charlie referenced. You might start by viewing a friend's tractor with a Command in, as another guide.

Jim D....Thanks for that info, sounds like you have run into this sort of thing before. Almost seems like i'm working with a jigsaw puzzle.I haven't fooled with a machine this new (to me)but i am gonna some how get it figured out. So far the help i've gotten here has been the most informative!! Don't really have any knowledge about this tractor,but it does seem to be built heavy. It's a project so i'm having fun with it!

Good morning everyone..Does anybody have an 1864cc that they can post a good pic of the wiring coming out of the engine i can use as reference. Mine has so many wires i'm having trouble on where to start.PO had everything chopped up.
bash.gif
TIA to anyone who can help me with this spaghetti junction. With all the help i'm getting on here and diagrams i'm sure i will get this solved in time.

Back