• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
223986.jpg

Two of my workers waiting to go tackle this 90'x60' mess

223987.jpg

223988.jpg

all done
223989.jpg

223990.jpg

brooklyne had to get in on the action and is checking for slop in the steering

223991.jpg

223992.jpg

Nice job! What you have your garden fenced in with? I fenced mine in last year with 4 foot wire, and a strand of barb wire, then ended up having to add electric fence about 3 feet on top of that to keep deer out. It looks like @#$!. So I am taking it down this year and putting up 8' posts and I think I am going to buy some deer mesh fence from Lee Valley Tools. Cheap in price, need to think more about if its good enough quality? Anyone have suggestions?

Mike I have 4 foot high goat and sheep fencing and 3 dogs, so no deer here.

It finally got dry enough to plant some more garden. Beans, corn, radishes, squash,carots, mustard, letuce, tomatoes yesterday. The potatoes aren't doing as well as expected. May be all the rain.
225187.jpg

Luther Ray (The potatoes aren't doing as well as expected.) -

It's all relative: Your taters look a whole lot better than mine - mine are still in a bucket in the garage, waiting for the garden to dry out!

LUTHER,
Didn't forget to plant peas to go along with those new potatoes your gonna have,did ya? I miss having a garden spot.
ROD

My neighbor has peas and onions ready to eat.I let him use my land, plow his garden, then we share some of the crop. The 102 has really perfomed really well in the garden this year. If i remember correctly i have plowed 12 gardens this year.

I picked this from my garden yesterday. My wife cooked it up last night and it was all eaten before I could get any photos of the cooked version.
drool.gif

225214.jpg

Finally got the garden tilled last night again for the wife. Now maybe the Hytran drippings will help the garden grow!!

The potatoes are doing better since it stopped raining every day.They still don't look healthy enough.
225517.jpg

Well this year our garden has shrunk from the rather over size garden of
225933.jpg

down to this size

225934.jpg

According to the better half she don't have the time to tend the large garden anymore.

I would have used the argument that she had more time than money but she would have just asked for more money.

We have went from to much rain to no rain and 90+ temperature every day. If it don't rain soon i won't have any garden.

Has anyone's tomatoes been getting the blight lately? If so, any remedies? The past two years, mine get ripe and then the blight hits and then I have about 600 dying crappy tomatoes. This area, SW Pa. has been hit hard the last couple of years. Real wet, cold springs are ideal conditions for the blight. I've read about a few options, but not sure what's best. The local Amish actually spray hydrogen peroxide on their plants and soil.

I have tried everything i have heard about including covering the ground with plastic to pouring beer around them and nothing has worked yet. So i just drink the beer and watch them self destruct.

Same here, last year I tried the plastic and used copper sulfate. Nothing worked. I never dumped beer around them but I sure drank enough working in the garden.
beerchug.gif

Great photo Kent. Nice soil. I have sand!!!!
My mouth was watering over the asparagus Kraig!!
Lonny, I like container gardening and I think you will too!! Way easier on the back.
The spuds look way better Luther!!

I have four tomato plants in two earthboxes. They have given us and our neighbors at least 30 fruits to date and they are still loaded and growing. These are determinate the variety so they stay pretty low for the boxes. I'll beef up my strategy for keeping them "contained" with the next planting. The do get heavy.

226081.jpg

I had 8 cucumber vines and they produced about 30 mature cukes plus the "pickles' I ate right off of the vine.....they are done and a new planting is slated for the weekend. Nothing like fresh Cukes'...

226082.jpg

It's really my first year at veggies and I do enjoy it.

I got .50 in. rain thursday and now my tomatoes look like they had hot water poured on them. They are dieing from the blight anyway so the rain didn't help them. My potatoes are looking better so i will dig some today and see how they are bearing.
Anyone heard from Ky. Ken lately?
226215.jpg

The potatoes didn't do good at all, but the beans and corn are looking good. The tomatoes are dying from blight.
227256.jpg

Back