• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ford trucks anyone????

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my blue 4x4 over to Bubby's to do the clutch tonight, and he should know how it looks inside by about lunchtime tomorrow. He gave me a lift home, and I got a chance to show off my 129 to him when he dropped me off, and gave me his nod of approval. He also said he said he has a couple of old Kohler blocks buried out back in a shed that he isn't doing anything with, and he'll dig them out for me when the weather warms up.

Finished the clutch project last week, and as expected, the slave cylinder was bad. For the good news, it does not have the dual-mass flywheel, and the flywheel was in good shape. The old clutch wasn't quite worn down to the rivets, but she was due for replacement as well.

For the sorta bad news, the clutch I got for it was the wrong clutch. My truck uses an 11 inch clutch, rather than a 10 inch clutch, which the listings indicated for it. Packed it back off to Rock Auto, and I went down to the local auto parts store for a slightly more expensive 11 inch clutch, which went in without an issue.

The worst problem was a broken aluminum piece on the transfer case shifter, which broke when my mechanic took it out. Not a used one was to be found in the area, and a new one was $264 from the dealer. I took the broken pieces to a welder, who welded it soundly, if a little misaligned. This came back to bite me, it became difficult to get the transfer case into 4L, as the lever was hitting the detent plate before it got into 4L.

53845.png

I was able to bend the notched plate back a bit to allow the lever to clear. I'm not sure I would use it this way if I had to use 4wd frequently, but it should hold for the few times a year I do use it.

Bruce,

The same shifter piece broke on my former SIL when he put in a clutch. I don't know if he ever fixed it, last I heard he was driving it as a 2wd.

Yeah, I know, shoulda got a chevy. My 'new' F250 has a lot of problems that I didn't see when I bought it. $2000 worth of repairs now need to be done. $%%^&@@#!&*^%$#!! And anything else that applies

Your right Kraig! Lets shove enough potatoes up the tailpipe to blow it up, believe it or not I have heard and seen the results of this. A couple high school kids way back sometime shoved potatoes up the principles tail pipe on his big ol car all the way to the manifolds and he couldn't start it. Shop teacher went out and started it and held it to the floor....BANG! Good-bye!

Earl - We could do better than 'taters!
Are you still able to get to PD?

Yeah, thanks to the trusty-but-gutless 300-I 6 F150. It'll be a long trip as in the past, but me and my friend will get there. I hope to see you there Ken, Wish I lived closer to ya, 3 to a cab would be tight but do-able. We'll see if the shop will get it done ad I can come up with the money in time. Anything is possible.

I gotta put this somewhere!!
After Timothy G.'s comment on the main forum about the loaded Ranger and all the crap Travis posted in the Chevy Intake Manifold ...

I had 1750 pounds of scrap steel in the bed of my '89 S15 GMC short bed and me and the ol lady and a floor jack in the cross bed tool box and STILL smoked the tires when I pulled out onto the road and stood on it ... with an automatic! I drove it like that for 12 years and sold it when I bought my '99 Silverado last summer. It's now in lower TN racing on the street.

IF I had the money to buy a new truck of any make and the dealers of all makes would give me one of each make of comparable trucks, I'd treat them all the same and at the end of two years buy the one that held up with least trouble ... so far of everything I've owned or we had on the farm GM is the only one that'll take my lead foot and changing oil only everyother year!!
54806.jpg

im hopin to buy my brothers 2003 Ford F-250 crew cab long bed fx4 and all that good stuff best part it has one of the last 7.3 liter powerstroke turbo diesels ever made. smokes every truck around without hitting half throttle
last summer we had a tree job had to have been about 4ft thick trunk. hooked up the mighty 7.3 and kept bouncing the rear end in the air so we had to toss her into 4wd kept the back up about 5ft until the chainsaw got about halfway through
that was about when she took off like a rocket
then we took the plow truck(1990 ford 150) and pushed the tree off the road. now thats power
and also about a week ago we loaded his 98 ranger with about 2000 pounds of tile it became a low rider. went over some big bumps on the way and stretched the springs now the back got a 2 inch lift

got another ford in the colection now got me a brown 1989 ford f-350 dually, dump, 4x4, plow, with a 460. long story short a powerhouse heard from over 5 miles away!!!!!!!!

no i think theyll love the official nickname "The Turd"

Well the 460 should pass almost everything but the gass station.

ya i have to make fuel stop everyday
fuel gauge broke and its only got a 19 gallon tank
Shift.gif
worthy.gif

Yes, I have a Ford truck. Its a 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4, four door,flare side, 3.0 v-6, with 77,000 miles. This was my first Ford product Ive ever owned, and can tell you Iam very pleased with it. I have been a GM man for 35 years, before this truck. I think the 17 MPG, sucks for a small truck. But thats my only complaint.

I had one of those Fords with a 460 - a 1978 F150 Lariat. Got into a lot of trouble with that truck, it just wanted to go!

Oh yeah, 460 = 10MPG loaded, empty, driven like a madman, driven like an old lady - didn't matter. Thank God gas was only 89 cents/gal at the time...
bouncy.gif

Kevin

ya thats like my brother 2003 f250 its got one of the last 7.3 diesels 12 empty 12 loaded and dragging its @$$ 12 period u get reallllllllll lucky ull hit 14 on a long run
luckily for my truck i dont have to pay for fuel for another 2 years aint got liscense yet so it gets used for mowin business untill diesel drops back down in price

Back