• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Foot controlled hydro

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eburton

displayname
Eddie Burton
I looked for a thread on this subject and couldn't find one so here it is. Going to try and convert the 149 loader from hand control to foot control. Performed a search and discovered several post on the subject. Remembered Steve B.'s, Kentuck's, and a few other conversions. Couldn't find nor remember if Steve's conversion was sucessful or not. The link to Kentuck's video/pics? was obselete. Trying not to reinvent the wheel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

76 results for (search) foot control, match all keywords, whole words only. Have fun! Great signiture line!
happy.gif

Hey Mr. Frank,
Did the search. Just wondering if Steve B.'s conversion worked. Couldn't find a follow-up, or, it worked great, or, going to try something different. Quite a few posts were wanting to convert to foot control but few attempts.O

Ive seen it done as well, theres a couple videos on youtube that Ive seen of a 149 loader that was converted, but it only shows it operating, not how they build it. Shoot Ken an email, Im sure he can help.

I think foot controls for the hydraulics for the loader would be easier to create. I can understand the idea of why a person would want foot controls, especially on a loader tractor where you seem to run short of HANDS. But I think the hand control hydro works better on a tractor used for mowing, etc where a constant speed is needed for an extended time.

Mr. Dennis,
I agree with both comments. Also left or right hand hydro control lever makes a difference on a loader. Directional lever needs to be on opposite side of loader control. I think Matt G. commented on that and was considering converting to foot control. Was hoping Steve B. would post his results, and maybe he did somwhere but haven't been able to find it.

Some day soon I will try to put foot controls on my 129 loader. I do see where I do not have that third arm to work the loader like I would like to.I have given some thought to brake cables from a car to get a good working system. I think its doable and will after my loader gets hard lines next week.I just need to find the parts guy that can give me lengths for the cables I would need , or something adjustable . I could I think cut the ceasing if I had a crush end for the trunnion end. I`am slow but I will have a go at it. Heck if Kentuck can find away to get it done ,I think I stand a chance lol.
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Don
I've been told it won't work but that's just going to get me to try harder. I'm going to start with a foot control trolling motor pedal and cable assy. and see what happens. The hard part will be return to neutral without making it too hard to use for extended periods.

Mr. Jerry,
Now that's an idea! Got one here left over from B.A.S.S. tournament fishing days. Cableless might even be better. Maybe use a stepper motor.

I traded the foot hydro parts and loader tractor I was building them for to a friend for a SGT with a loader a few years back. One of these days I am going to convert my 1872 w/loader to foot control and plan on stealing version an idea posted here wayyyyyyy back when. The original idea used a #20 bicycle chain on the dash lever to a pdeal on the right foot rest. I plan to do the same, but with a bell crank instead of a chain. It should be as simple as welding on a couple tabs, making the pedal, slotting the side sheet, and rounding off the dash lever gate detents........if I ever get around to doing it, I will certainly post pics!!!!!

Mr. Steve,
Thanks for the update. I can picture parts of what you are talking about but not all. Simple is better, if it works and I'm sure you can make it work.

I realize this is an old post - but...

I bought an MTD Cub Cadet lawn tractor a couple of years ago and it has foot control. All other hydro tractors I've got are lever control at or near the steering wheel. Not bad, but the foot control is really nice.

Some of my other color tractors are Wheelhorse and a smart guy on one of their forums has developed a foot control conversion kit for them. Here are some links to one of those threads:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/30880-custom-hydro-foot-pedal/

Makes me wonder about the possibilities of foot controlled hydro for my 109 and 1650.

Bill,
Thanks for posting the link. Been wanting to install foot hydro control on my 149 loader but life has been too busy this year. Hope to start on it this winter.

Bill Jamison

Please take some closer pictures of your foot control linkages . I want to make my 129 loader have foot control hydro now for a long time.
worthless.gif

One of the features I liked about my old Massey Fergason MF-8 was the hydro lever coming out right at the foot board level... I could angle my foot slightly and with work boots on hook my heel on the lever and shift from forward to reverse, keeping both hands on the wheel or controlling the mower deck with one and steering the necker (where is Bob these days anyways?) knob with the other.. Real step down to go to the dash mounted lever on the 129..

Don - I'm having some trouble getting pics to upload on this forum or the other one.

This is the second tractor I've done with the foot control and I've documented my efforts (with pics) on the first one at this link:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/36609-foot-control-hydro-new-life-for-old-tractor/

Soon as I can figure out what's not working with my computer, I'll upload the other pics of this tractor's effort at that website too.

Bill--That is really awesome! How many WH's do you have and what models? I'd love to have you post some pics of them in the Horse Corral thread in off topic tractors.
cubwinker.gif

Latest posts

Back