• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Favorite heavy equipment

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwestfall

displayname
Chris Westfall
heres a couple of my favorites,
50632.jpg

50633.jpg

50634.jpg

Kentuck,
That was back in 94 or 95 in Afghanistan,LOL
The CO dint appreciate the humor in what I did there, snicker

Glen,
Sorry, I dint mean to take your thread off topic.

She ain't pretty, but she gets the sawdust loaded. Started out,shoveling it on and off the truck so this thing is very appretiative!
50647.jpg

Hey Westfall, this is how I load your wood, big buddy!
beer2.gif

50648.jpg

Any Big Equipment is legal here, and as long as it doesn't turn into the dinner you had last night, or your dog's new tric (unless it is using the equuipment) I really don't care.
Here is another favorite of mine:
50655.jpg

Looks like that or a 2-6-6-4. I need to get back into trains! Seeing those gets me all warm and fuzzy for firing up my trains.

Bryan, it was my pleasure to convert that video for ya!
happy.gif

OK Guys, here is one of the world's slowest transports moving one of the world's fastest
bubbly.gif

50754.jpg

Bryan,
Where was that footage taken??
Stand a couple of days for "Heavy Equipment"..................

Tom -

The Glen Ellyn Metra station.

Glen,

Sorry, going for style vs. power.
For power I preffer a B&O EM-1. I will see if I can dig up a photo for ya.....

I would like to get behind the throttle of this Puppy for about 10 miles......
thumbsup.gif

She is out every Summer from June to the end of the year.

She was the inspiration and animation for the movie...."Polar Express".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CbKzozQs90

PM 1225 was built in 1941 by the Lima Corporation of Lima, Ohio. The locomotive is one of thirty-nine 2-8-4 Berkshire types ordered by the Pere Marquette Railway. The 2-8-4 classification refers to the wheel arrangement of 1225. It has a 2-wheel pony truck up front to guide the larger set of 8 driving wheels into curves, and a 4- wheel trailing truck to support the weight of the boiler’s massive firebox. 1225 is sixteen feet tall, 101 feet long with a combined engine and tender weight of 400 tons. Built for fast freight service it produces 3000 horsepower and is able to pull 100 loaded freight cars at sixty miles per hour. It takes six to eight hours to generate a full head of steam on the locomotive’s boiler, which in turn operates at 245 pounds per square inch. The tender holds 22 tons of coal and 20,000 gallons of water, consuming one ton of coal for every twelve miles and 150 gallons of water per mile.

Bryan,

3031's rods are not in the down postion!! We will have to re stage the photo shoot. I'll start calling around for the engine crew of that engine and give them a good talking too.
happy.gif

Plus the track gang has been slacking off too. Just look at the hole in the ballast in front of 3034 and the stain in the ballast in front of the fourth one in, (road number is blanked out by steam.
sad.gif

I see that the 3006 I posted is not much better.

Sorry.... Just a little foaming.
proud.gif

I've always lived in the East Lansing area (actually about 20 miles west in Grand Ledge). PM 1225 sat on a display siding on the MSU campus for years, until MSU decided it was an eyesore... Grand Ledge was on a major C&O road, with lots of traffic through there every day. Since I was around for a few years before 1225 was put out to pasture, I'm pretty sure I got to see it go through town. It was a pretty big thing when the group started the restoration also - before MSU gave up, we took our kids through it when it was still on campus. (Since Ken's not watching I'll steal this) --->
old.gif

Back