• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Farmall Super A

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoned ! ?
roflol.gif

Developments in the story of the mysterious Super A: Although Wayne and myself expected to find a connection between the tractor and the "manor house" on the same side of the street (and there still might be one), the more immediate connection is to the modest house across the street. I got my first clue when I noticed that the lawn of the house and the shed/store were mowed at the same time and in the same manner. I immediately suspected the house was home to the widow of the former owner, and I was right.

I finally had a chance to stop by on my way to work today, a car was parked in back and I had at least 20 minutes to spare. I knocked on the back door and called out, "Hello" --twice before I detected movement within. Presently a voice responded from the darkness of the screened-in porch (I was wearing sun glasses). I asked her if she knew how the tractor had come to rest where it had, and she told me that her husband had parked it there many years ago. I inquired if she had any plans for it, and she responded that her son wanted to do something with it, but she really wasn't sure what. She confirmed that many people before me had inquired if it was for sale. I thanked her for her time, and left.

I wish now that I had asked her husband's name, or gotten contact information for the son. But since I am interested more in the story of the tractor than in the purchase of the equipment, I let it be. I suppose I could stop by again and find out more about her husband and how he used the tractor, why he liked it so much, etc. She might importune the son to make a deal on it; or I could contact the son directly. I think the tractor is obtainable if the right approach is taken. Or, like Frank and myself, you can enjoy it where it sits.

Jeremiah, Thanks for the update. Now for the rest of the story. Its interesting getting the history on these old iron relics sitting around. Just tell her you have people all over the country just waiting to hear about this tractor.

Back