• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Electric over hydraulic HELP

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jluckey

displayname
Jonathan Luckey -*"Constant Vigilance!!!"*
I bought this off ebay to power the dump lift I am putting under my newly acquired pick up truck. I am trying to figure out what type of solenoid valve I need to buy for it two work a single action cylinder (power up gavity down). Any help would be great. I have not recieved the unit yet, I am giving you all the info that I have on it so far.

(Message edited by jluckey on January 03, 2005)

Here is the pic. I guess it has been a while since I have posted a picture. I have to get back in the swing of things.
24669.jpg

Now, Ken, be nice!

I did just that on several different catalog sites. I just did not know which one I needed to order.

The one you linked is for a dual action cylinder, isn't it?

It doesn't say but a single acting cylinder will work on a double acting valve and vise versa though you'll just have one pressure side and you have to leave the unused cylinder inlet open for vaccum / exhaust.
At least they work that way on a tractor. I've never seen one "close" one side of the valve. I've got a 110v unit here that I need to put on my shop press and take off the air over hydraulic pump.

Advice before you buy a vlave ... hook it up when you get it and add fluid and see if it works first ;) Just put the hose in the fill hole (not screwed in) <or a bucket> and turn it on.

I have been assured that it was tested and that it worked. But that was going to be my first test anyway.

I would love to find a used valve, but I think that is going to be really hard

I use to see them at the scrap yard when I'd scrounge for stuff but I never did get one , I've got cylinders / pumps / motors / valves but not electric valves
sad.gif

Come'on and get the crowbar and open that wallet !
happy.gif

I don't need a prybar to open an empty wallet;o)

Alright Hydraulic experts. Is there any way that I can simplify this. Remember. Pressure to cylinder will be controled by magnetic starter on pump.
24909.jpg

Well I guess that I have committed myself to this basic design. I ordered the sol valve this morning from grainger. I was able to get a parker valve from grainger (local branch) for within 5 bucks of surpluscenter.com. Just a little food for thought. They don't always have the best deals.

Several years ago there were great pictures of a pump and cylinder to raise and lower attachments. I have a 127 that has a manual lift and have just purchased a hydro pump and cylinder and now need a few pictures to show mounting of pump and cylinder. How do you remove lift handle so that the cylinder works to lift the mower and snow thrower?

Russ,
You replace the rockshaft with one from a hydraulic lift machine. They don't have the armstrong lift attached. Just unbolt the triangular brackets that hold it on and the stop/detent assemblies and bolt on the hydro rockshaft. Kenny

Latest posts

Back