• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

DVD Burners

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrigham

displayname
Brendan Brigham
I'm about ready to jump in to buying a DVD burner, didn't realize my new Dell wasn't gonna have one. My fault there. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what is a good burner and mabey why? I've seen some pretty low budget burners that I will shy away from. I guess one with Lightscribe would be a plus. I know nothing about them so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Best place to buy stuff
I put an HP Lightscribe in my HTPC and I have one in my laptop but a word of advice ... Lightscribe disc are pricey ! and the greyscale artwork isn't that great.
79232.gif

I've bought from lots of stuff from both Tiger Direct and Newegg. Depending on which has what I'm looking for and at the best price, FWIW I usually end up going with Newegg.
coffee.gif

Alot to choose from. Depending on who wrote the review, they all had complaints. Probably due to back patting. Still every brand had their DOA's so mabey it's just a crap shoot. Guess it will probably be either an HP or Sony. An awful lot of LightOn's available but I know HP and Sony have good reps. I have another week yet so I'll look some more.

Plextor......pay a little more, no coasters.
I don't have a current model, 16X the last one I got.
I recently got a Sony to read the DVDRAMS from my standalone recorder and it's a PITA comkpared to any of the Plextors I've had.

I have used LG CD recorders with excellent results in the past, but never used their DVD burners

Back