• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

DUMP VALVE QUESTION

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bproctor

displayname
Bob G Proctor
My buddy has a 2084. Hydro drive system.

All the IHCC's I've owned with hydro, have had dump valves (i think thats what its called) so you could move the tractor even when the engine is not running. This CCC 2084 doesn't have this feature.

Questions: Am I missing something?
If I'm correct about it not having one, is it possible to
install one?
Then, of course, How?

Thank You!

Bob, they are automatic on anything newer then the QL series IIRC. You should be able to push the tractor with no problems.

not this thing. we can pull it with four wheeler ( made him go VERY slow) but no way the two of us could push it

Bob P. The 2084 has automatic release valves that aren't functioning as they should. For some reason they are sticking. I'd recommend trying to carefully clean them. DO NOT use brake cleaner. That makes the neoprene o-ring swell. When you have them out use a good solvent and then see if you can get the ball on the bottom to move by inserting a small hard wire into the bottom hole. BTW... even pulling very slowly with a four wheeler or anything can cause the pump to turn backwards and cause severe damage when those valves are sticking like that.

should there be a dump valve similar to the those on older IHCC's, Located at the top of the pump or is it internal? The ports at the top of the pump are plugged. been awhile since I had the cover off but I noticed it was different than the early models.

According the the Parts Lookup at the top of the page, it has manual relief valves.
285433.jpg

Thats the picture I was looking at. If they're manual there would have to be some way to compress the button on the valves, correct (lever or something)? When I pull up the part on "CC PARTS LOOK UP" it has a very nice color picture of what I believe is an auto valve. If this is the case, your saying the internal ball(s) are stuck if it will not roll free when the engine is not running?

Unfortunately the tractor is 45 mile away and cannot offer photos.

Bob G. Yes. If the internal ball is sticking then the oil can't escape. Now.... to actually move the tractor if you need to roll it into the shop. Make sure the whole area around the dump valves is TOTALLY clean. Crack open both valves tad bit or just enough so that air can get into the system and then push the tractor to where you're going to work on it. Even the automatic dump valves sometimes stick.

An update. I cleaned around the valves then removed them one at a time. Neither seemed stuck. I made sure both moved. then replaced them. After I repaired all the stuff in the next paragraph I brought the tractor to my house parked it in the garage and noticed it would roll freely so whatever it was, it's repaired.

The original problem; the engine started running terrible then died. Eventually we removed the engine and I brought it home for repairs. The main issue was a bent push rod, also head gaskets were original (about 850 hrs) and in bad condition. pistons and heads had a lot of carbon build up and I suspect it caused a backfire and the bent rod. new gaskets, new rods, cleaned everything and reassembled it. Runs Great! Big difference in power.

Latest posts

Back