• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Lo Boys

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I'm not proud, I'll post a pic of my 154 beasty!
22847.jpg

Heck Charlie, I did not know you owned a oversized cub .
Nice looking tractor, just needs a new coat of paint.

Now Charlie would this be a low boy? Don't look like they could get lower than this.

23180.jpg

Richard C. -

Oh, I bet it could get lower. 'course, then you'd need blue neon and air shocks
lol.gif

CHARLIE - I Like those Stylish ZIG-ZAG Grills on those 154's.
biggrin.gif

Richard C may be the only guy to appreciate this but here it is anyway. ;-P
It does prove his point though!!!!!
23570.jpg

I have a lo-boy spotted. I am a 149 guy now but this looks like a nice project. Can you guys send me some links? I don't even know what to offer the guy. It is pretty rough.

Herb G,
Links to what?
Take a pic and we'll go from there.
The main thing with lo-boys are the clutch and rear PTO have some issues to deal with most of the time. other than they run really slow, they are fun machines.

Hi guys,
I own a 124 Cadet and it just doesn't have the ability to do the work I require. Post hole digger, box blade, possibly a front end loader. I am in the process of aquiring a 154 Low Boy with creeper gear and a hydraulic 3-point hitch. Does anyone know the total length and width of a 154. I will need to transport it on a trailer and need to know what size trailer I need to take with me to pick it up. I found the weight in a specification book (1480 lbs).
David in Dayton, TX

From my 184 literature....

L = 94"
W = 52"
H = 49"

Weight = 1563# (full fluids, no operator)

Hi Guys, I'm new to the tractor world. So bare with my cluelessness. I am buying a cc 123 hydro. While looking for various implements, I keep seeing references to narrow and wide frames. How do I know which the 123 is? Where do I measure and what are the specific dimensions for each? Also, will all implements specified for a narrow frame always fail to fit a wide frame tractor(and visa-versa)? Thanks for the info.
Gary

Narrow frames went to the 147 model and Wideframes started with the 108-169 ,the rest after were also Wf the Quiet lines 100-1650,and 82 series.

Gary, your query will get more answers over on the main forum, but I'll post a response here. There are a couple of attachments that fit either narrow or wide frame, some that come to mind is this series of snowthrowers QA38A, QA42A, QA38B and QA42B, the subframe was adjustable for width on these. Other items like snow blades and mower decks require the proper subframe. The rear tillers require a mower deck mule drive from the proper width tractor but the tiller itself will fit on either a narrow frame or a wide frame. The width measurements for them is not all that important unless you'll be making implements. Oh and three other things to confuse you. One is that the early narrow frames use "bolt on" attachments and the later narrow frames use "Quick Attach" (aka QA) attachments, however most narrow frame QA attachments are backward compatable to bolt on tractors. The second is that the Original model is different than either the narrow frame and wide frame and has it's own set of attachments. The third is that some of the later wide frames use a wider drive belt for attachments. The 123 is a narrow frame, "bolt on" tractor.

For authoratative answers to your many questions about IH Cub Lo-Boys (aspecially the "number" series 154, 185, 184), come right on over to my Cub Lo-Boy Yahoo group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ihcubloboyseries

We have about 1300 members. A few of them can even give plausible answers to your every question.
Regards,
Barry

Latest posts

Back