• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Lo Boys

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I need some help.
I recently picked up a 154 loboy and am having a few problem.
I figure this would be the place to come. First off. I would like to say, I love this tractor... Now for the problems. It has smoke coming out of the dip stick tube running to the oil pan. Not sure what that is all about but it is probably not good. Next, It seems to be grosely underpowered just cutting grass that is 4~5 inches high?? I have been on one before that ran great so I am sure this probably relates back to the smoke from the dip stick somehow?? Lastly, the rear pto for the deck will not stay engaged. The guy that I purcahsed it from was using a pair of vice grips to hold it in place and said that every now and again while you are mowing you will need to lift up on the handle and set it back down to keep it going. This cub is in great shape. It was a one owner machine for the last 38 years and I have all the owners manuals and service records for everything.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jared, sorry I can't help with the problems. Just wanted to say that I have the same smoke out the dipstick problem on my 129 (I see you have one too, and were both Ohio'ns
thumbsup.gif
). I think in the main forum I posted about it twice, some suggestions but nothing so far has worked. The most common response was to check the breather and make sure nothing was clogged. If I figure it out I'll let you know. Also, while its smoking, it does loose power, and it might be my imagination but it seems like its getting hotter (overheating maybe?).

Back