• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet original

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfinck

displayname
jochua finck
I may have chance to purchase a cub cadet original. the guy says it has a broken rod and I don't think it's the original engine.He's asking $300.Does that sound like to much?

YUP to much! Unless it's a really low serial number or have all the options like fenders, rear lift, spring assist, hydraulics, headlights, creeper, rear PTO and on and on. Or if they "guy" is in S.D., snicker!

Charlie, I looked at your home page and I see you have what I've dreamed of! But generaly speaking what would be the best five cub cadets to own.I already have a 682! A nice tractor! Now I just need to find some more!

Jochua,
Kinda depends on what your doin with'um at the time.
Personally I think the 147 is the perfect tiller tractor.
1450- Best all around do all tractor
149- 2nd best all around tractor
1650- Good for plowing and rear blade
123- Mowing, only cause it's been modified to a 4.7" turning radius
169- Just something to have and piddle with, LOL
1250- I ain't figured anything out on that one
1200- Same with this one
124- Throwin snow maybe
100- My first and it works great with Gator blades and a bagger.
Guess I better quit huh!

Oh I dint do it, Ole Joe the previous owner did it.
He changed out the steering box, re-routed things to the outside and on and on and on. BUT IT WORKS!
32516.jpg

hey charlie, What would be the top five cub cadets for landscaping?

J.F.,
I know I'm not Charlie <font size="-2">(thank God)</font> but I gotta' say it would be a 782D with cat. "O" hitch, followed buy a 169, and then take your pick.

Tom, I have a 682 with the 17 hp kohler 2 series, i don't know if your familier with the engine but it's a sweet machine!!! I'd like to find a blade and tiller for it.

Tom, you can thank my mother for that too, grin

Jochua F.
Man that's a loaded question and will vary from one Cub owner to the next.
IMHO, there's only 2 all around landscape tractors, 147 and 1450.
32529.jpg

I went from this, They wanted $1300.00 to make a flat spot for my new 24x40 garage, I took two Cubs and did it myself in 6 hours for $8.00 bucks in gas.
32531.jpg

to this,
32532.jpg

and I even got to help unload the small stuff for the garage, LOL
32533.jpg

I saw what you did with your Cub Cadets. I have a 1250 with a front push blade, chains, and wheel weights. I had a sewer main replaced and they piled up all the dirt over the trench that they dug out. Parts of the area have collapsed because a lack of dirt. Do you think my 1250 will have enough juice to push some of the excess dirt in some ares to those areas without enough?

If you have the weight and traction an original would do it with a 7 horse engine it, GO FOR IT!!!!
It's way to much fun not to.

Back