• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Corn fired stoves

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmunday

displayname
Rick Munday
At the point in the house planning where I'm looking into heating (water and furnace).

Are any of you burning corn?

I've looked at a couple different companies and one even makes a central heater and water boiler that are hopper fed. Waiting to hear pricing information now.

http://www.cornheat.com/

Rick,
I have a St Croix corn burner. It is a small one only 40,000 btu, I use it to heat our 2000 sq ft basement area. If I remember right the stove is recommended for about 1400 sq ft. I am really pleased how the stove works and the job it is doing. Naturally the hardwood floors on the main floor are now a lot warmer. I am using about a bushel and ahalf per day.
A friend of mine just bought an LDJ furnace. From what I've heard about them they are pretty nice, I haven't seen his yet.
Jim

Very cool!

We're planning out our house in Missouri. The slab/foundation gets poured in March so it's getting to be crunch time on heating and etc.

I've already planned a wood burner* in the living room, but am looking at a central system as the primary heat and corn just makes sense given the price of corn and how clean it burns.

The disadvantage here is that the unit would have to be in an external room in a bay feeding inside (house plan is somewhat like a pole barn with a couple bays closed in).

* I'm still debating getting one that can burn both wood in the main compartment and be pellet fed (with the corn feeder as well).

Latest posts

Back