• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Circa 1992 Tractors?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoore

displayname
Bruce Moore
I got a phone call last night from an area man wanting to get rid of "some old Cub Cadet". He doesn't know the model number. He did say there is a pull-behind cart and a separate Briggs and Stratton engine used to suck up leaves and put in the cart. He thinks it's about 15 years old, which by my math makes it around a 1992. I know nothing about tractors of this age, since my newest is a 109. He did say he was going to call the International dealer where he used to have it serviced, which kind of confused me after he told me the age of the tractor.
What model numbers would have been produced around this time frame, and are there good/bad points that come readily to mind? Sorry this is so vague, but that's all I know. I'm hoping somebody here can tell me things to look for or be aware of before I look at it tomorrow.

HI Bruce...It is likely one of the Cyclops series..It could even be one of the Super Gardens (you hope). The trailer with a separate engine is a lawn vac....Its worth checking. Not all, but many of the models of this era were really good stuff, just re-styles of the basic IH design...

Myron B

Bruce, here's a top of the line 1993 Cub Cadet. I'd sure like to have one of these. Perhaps you'll get lucky and this is what you'll find.
happy.gif

55561.jpg

If not, here's some short specs from some other models from 1993, I think the 1992's had the same model numbers.

55562.jpg

55563.jpg

Never mind.
It turned out to be a 1450. I checked the oil, added some gas, put jumper cables on it, and it started in a minute or two. Hydraulic lift works, but the lights don't. I didn't want to check the fuses with him there. It has a 44"deck, and an IH cart (#4, light duty type?) with an E Z Vac attachment. The cart has a pretty big crack at the bottom front, but I'm not too worried about it right now.
I made two trips for a total of about 20 miles to get the 1450 and the cart/vac, since I only have a 6 1/2' bed. I checked the oil, added about a 1/2 pint, and mowed with it Sunday afternoon. Hood rattles like crazy, but everything else seems fine. Did have to air up the front tires. Oh, well....
The guy bought it new, and gave me the original brochures, bill of sale, and receipts for probably every IH dealer service he had done on it since new.
Not sure we have a big enough place to keep the vac attachment, but I guess I'll figure that out later.
Thanks a bunch.

Latest posts

Back