• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CCC Service Bulletin # 069 - Grass Deflector

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbounds

displayname
MBounds
As Promised.

Myron B
149164.jpg

Myron, any chance I could get you to email me a high resolution version of that?
dunno.gif
Please?
proud.gif

Charlie..mud flap, grass flap...what's the difference?? Just get a small mud flap and install it like that off the frame like the Bulletin says and voila' ...instant grass deflector and it does help prevent grass from coming up from the bottom between the grille screen and the radiator screen on the diesels...Down here, Texas way, where it gets a tad warm in the summer, my 782D will overheat quickly, if I don't prevent that clogging of the radiator screen. A roll of screen at the bottom of the grille between it and the radiator will also help. BTDT...

Myron

I don't have a problem with grass so much as bugs! When mine starts to get hot, I have to pull the screen out and shake out the hundreds of live (and a few cooked) flies and gnats and insects like that.

Myron,
Thanks for the info.
That must be to deflect what the left blade throws forward.

I was picturing something in my mind that went between the radiator and the grille.

I guess I'll have to make one of these things up.
I was mowing for the second time with the 882 on sunday. The first time I mowed it was raining. On sunday, after about 1/2 acre I noticed the temp gauge was a little to the right of center. I kept watching and it kept creeping up. I stopped before it got much hotter and looked at the screen. It was almost completely covered with really fine clippings and dust. It was really windy which probably didn't help either.

Back