• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Canadian Wheel Weights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I got these weights on a 128 last year and since have given them to my nephew. I would like to know their origin or what company made them. They have Canada stamped as well as a casting number? I guess. They weigh 20 pounds each half. I plan to put them on one of his (nephew) 1250s along with a pair of IH weights which will give the rear another 130 pounds. Does anyone recognize the weights and know the manufacturer?

189322.jpg

189323.jpg

189324.jpg

I tried to get a closeup of "Canada". They also have a MF stamped on one backside end and MP on the other. I figure with all of the farmers and past farmers here I might get an answer.

Thanks.....Wayne

MF would mean Massey Ferguson and MF's are/were made north of the boarder. What tractor model would be beyond my pea brain ...

Thanks Ken. I thought about Massey Ferguson but the MP on the othe end threw me.

I assume then they are front wheel weights because they are only 9 3/4" tip to tip.

I think they would be Massey but can't say positive. They would be for the inside as deep as they are. Inside weights are hard to find. 2 piece inside front cub tractor weights are very hard to find

KEN - the 2-piece Inside Cub frt weights aren't that hard to find. Just lift them about waist high over something solid like a concrete slab and drop them!

My Buddy gets the new collector tractor magazine "Heritage Iron". Latest issue had a question in it, "Which tractor company was the FIRST to offer suitcase weights?". Well, IH's suitcase weights are hands down the most popular, and were offered starting in about 1964/65 on the 706/806. BUT Massey-Ferguson was the first company to offer suitcase weights on the frt of the MF-65 utility tractor. Not sure what year, and can't even say I've seen any except on the later bigger M-F's.

I know JD, Oliver, Allis, and several other companies kept using "bolt-on slab weights" into the 1970's. Minny-Mo used suitcase weights in the '60's.

Latest posts

Back