• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cadet 76 needs mower deck or parts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dryan

displayname
Dennis Ryan
I have a 76 and I lost 1 of the bearings on 1 side of the deck. Has anyone swaped mower decks from other mowers with success ?

Dennis, why not just replace the bearings? I have a "Spirit of 76" version of the model 76 and it sure does a nice job of cutting.

62455.jpg

Thanks for the input! I went through this about 5 years ago (replacing bearings) where I went to get the parts gave me a picture of how things went back together, that place no longer supplies Intrernational Parts! The hub that supports the bearings has a #539469r1 on it. The picture you supplyed has got my attention. Would consider a used one if there were any around. I just thought it would be a option of just swaping the whole thing to something used that was still in usabe condition. From what I remember the parts were out extremaly coastly.The mower has been the family sence it was new.

Dennis, depending on how much work and fabricating you want to do I suppose most any deck could be made to work. The mower decks that are under the Cub Cadet garden tractors are mounted differently and they have a center spindle as opposed to just two outer spindles. IMO, your best bet would be to rebuild your deck or find another deck from a 76 or one of the other similar model Cadet tractors: Models 80, 81, 182, 282 and 382. However any deck you find is likely to need some work to get it ready to use.

I'm wondering if a deck from a 60 would work?
If it will, I've got a really good one up this way that your more than welcome to.

Charlie-

Those decks are like 26" wide and have one blade. So probably not. But the spindle might be the same, I don't know.

Charlie, looking at the service manuals for both and they look different. Also the 60 has a rear discharge.

62457.jpg

Model 76 deck

62458.jpg

Model 60 deck.

Thanks for the input guys!

Looking at my hub it appears that the bottom of it is hoged out and will no longer except the retaining clip. Maybe my approch to this should be to find 2 hubs from a doner deck and install them to the 76 deck if possible. I havent done much looking around yet. Ill be using the nobor's mower until I get something that works. If we dont get some rain soon I wont need a mower!

Dennis, couldn't hurt to post an add in the "Wanted" section of the classifieds.

Dennis.
All the parts are still advailable for rebuilding the spindles, at least that is what I was told when I had to order all the parts for my brothers model 81 he just pick uped, a bit spendy but my nrother aint worried about the price.

Back