• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Bryan McMeen

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never met Bryan in person, but have heard nothing but great things about him as a person and friend to many on here. Truly saddened to hear of his passing. Prayers and thoughts to his family and friends. Way too young.........
angel.gif

For those that never had the pleasure of meeting Bryan, here's a few photos.

A few from when Bryan and Dan Hoefler were refurbishing Bryan's Original, circa 1999.

291105.jpg

291106.jpg

291107.jpg

Here's a few of Bryan at Blunier's PD4 in 2002.

291108.jpg

291109.jpg

291110.jpg

291111.jpg

291113.jpg

And one of Bryan at the 2003 "Weekend Freedom Machine Spring Tillage Day" in Menomonee, WI.

291114.jpg

Goodbye my friend you will be missed.

I never met the gentleman but it's obvious he was well liked and admired. I could tell from the few posts he made (since I joined the forum) that he had a good sense of humor. Every time I see the sun shade top with the frill around the edge I think of him. It must have been Kraig that posted that pic a while back.

My deepest sympathy goes out to the family.

So sad.

Kraig, thanks for the images...

Charlie, please keep us informed of any needs... Is there any online obituary? I would especially like to know if there was any favorite organization or if direct contributions are still more appropriate (to help defray medicals bills, etc.).

I joined the forum when Bryan had assumed most control, with Bob N. posting less and less. I liked what he did to keep it organized. He was pretty much a no BS guy, but he also pushed this forum along and is one of the important people in keeping the "Cub Fever" alive through at least a couple of generations of Cub enthusiasts.

Rest well, Bryan, we'll carry it on from here.
angel.gif

I don't know if it's really appropriate to put this story and my thoughts here, but I guess I'll go ahead. Back in the '90s when I still lived in CT, I used to travel to Chicago once or twice a year on business. I believe it was the mid-90's when Bryan became active on the Forum. On one of my trips I took the opportunity to meet up with Bryan and check out his 1450. At that time it was the only Cub Cadet he had, and since a 1450 was also my first unit we really struck it off well. His was equiped with mowing deck, snow blade, QA42A thrower, and one of those leaf suckers. Can't remember many details but he really grew quickly into a Cub Cadet enthusiast. I had another trip the following year and I believe he had added a 129 at that point, and may have had his Original but can't recall for certain. I know for sure he didn't have his 169 yet. Not long after that Bryan and Julie made a trip thru the New England area and stopped at my place for awhile. The next thing I recall he had met up couple times with Dan Hoeffler and was on his way to restoring his Original, and maybe even some other units. At some point when I was restoring my 169 I worked out a deal with him and got the rear tires I have on it now - pretty nice set of Firestone Turf and Field. As many of you know after I moved west (as far as you can go) I sorta lost track of the Forum and my CC energies. I pretty much lost track and touch with Bryan after my move, and never got to Chicago anymore. But I will always remember Bryan as a great guy, friendly, always interested in learning about these units, telling stories, and just having fun with them. I'm just really so sad we lost such a good guy and so young. I'll really miss and treasure having had the opportunity to meet and know Bryan. He was a great one.

Harry this is the best place for it, I hope others will share a story or two

We will be praying for his family, loved ones and friends. I never had the chance to meet him but he will definitely have a legacy that will live on here.

I'm really sorry to learn of Bryan McMeen's death. As an early administrator on this forum, he got the reputation of "ruling with an iron hand". After meeting him in person, I quickly learned that he was one of the kindest and most giving persons you could ever know. He was a genuine Cub Cadet enthusiast, a good guy, and I will miss him as a friend.

Latest posts

Back