• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Base of Operations Program 11/44

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken P. Pls repost your pictures. You got bitten by the 'archive bug'.
destroy.gif

I found some info on the dealership that was in Rockford, IL

Its name was Walker-Schork IH Both owners are deceased but one of their employees bought it out and now owns Walker-Schork International in Rochelle, IL

He told me that the dealership in Rockford closed in the late seventies and is now Even-Keel Marine.

He also said there was another IH location in Rockford and told me where to find the building so I will check tommorow as I pass it on the way to work.

Here is a picure of their dealer sticker I found on a local 147 collecting dust.

I have pictures of the building but they are too big so I will send to Tom H
I can,t shrink them here at work

222833.jpg

JEFF - I had a white plastic mud flap from Walker-Schork IH, Rockford on my Super H many years ago. It had blown off a truck somewhere in northern IL and Dad picked it up off the road and I installed it behind the tricycle frt wheels on the tractor. It finally broke again and has been replaced with a rubber one from "F&F Boutique". (aka: Blain's)

I must note a Thank you to Matt G as he is the one who first mentioned the Rockford location. I just did the footwork for it since he is not near Rockford right now

mud flaps now that would be cool to have

walker schork been there many of times with my grandfathers and father, good memories. there used to be an ih dealership in stillman valley, il the building still stands but its now the hardware store. my grandfather thought that my dads super c was purchased there new

Also was a C/IH dealer, former IH dealer in Freeport, spent LOTS of money there for CC parts but can't remember their name.

Supposedly they had THE LAST remaining "FARMALL" keystone shaped sign from over the main office front entrance of FARMALL. Guy I worked at FARMALL with, head of plant maintenance bought it, or possibly got it for the trouble of taking it down. Thing was close to 20 feet long, 2-3 ft tall, I saw it sitting along a retaining wall in his driveway. There were two, one by the back gate also but it was destroyed & scrapped in a plant remodeling project in the 60's or early '70's.

Imagine what it would be worth now.

Dennis Where in Freeport was it?
I am in Freeport a couple of times a week...

BILL - That's IT....the very sign. That must be a really old pic, I'd say early 60's? The whole frt office entrance was remodeled but I don't know when for sure, but I was down there between Thanksgiving & Christmas and you can still see the bolts that were cut to get it down.

In looking at that pic closer, I actually think the pic is of the WEST entrance, was the HR entrance. It had steps, the EAST entrance was ground level, no steps. So pic may be older, late 50's? And the sign must have been moved to the east entrance when the offices were expanded towards the east. Materials and General management was on the ground floor of the east side offices, accounting, forcasting, purchasing, & scheduling. Engineering was on the second floor.

There was an employe's entrance on the south towards the parking lot. Just about ALL salaried people went in that way.

JEFF - It was on Business 20 west edge of town. Go west on W. Galena from Rt 26, down past Greenfield Dr, and I think it was the intersection of Lily Creek Road & Galena on the south west corner of the T-intersection. Looks about a quarter mile west of Greenfield. Was right on that corner. I had a cap from them years ago but I can't remember the dealer's name!

Jeff, my dad has a 382H that originally came from that dealership. It has that exact same sticker on it.

I found the building Dennis mentioned in Freeport and will get pics today.

I did find this dealer sticker from there on a IH 282 I looked at but was way too much money at 250.00 for me.

223170.jpg

JEFF - Found the name of that dealer in Freeport when I lived there in '90/'91, RUSCH Equip. Wrote many many checks out for parts whle I was there. I refurbished my basket-case 129 while I lived in Freeport.

I started a little "personal RED phone book" when I was at Thermos, ANY phone number & name I had a hard time finding and needed to call frequently is in there. Bad part is most of the people are DEAD.

Here are two pics of the former IH Boyer Implement dealer in Freeport, Il.
I spoke with the owner of the 282 who bought it new from there and he told me the dealer originaly was located in Lena, Il and moved to Freeport in the mid 70's
and changed owners in the mid 80's. this explains why Dennis has a different name in the 90's
He also said the building in Lena was torn down and is now the post office

223181.jpg

223182.jpg

Not a building photo,,,,but dealer stickers are cool also

224944.jpg

Jeff, yes they are.
greenthumb.gif

I found this yesterday in an Original Sales Flier while I was looking for old Original magazine adds for Rod. Thought I should post it here.

224984.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Just a couple of dealer items.
The patch is from hat I recieved way back when,after i bought a 1320 cc.I purchased it on credit.After a year or so got tired of $70 dollar a month payments. I sold it for payoff and took a I.H. 122. That was my introduction to a GREAT machine.
ROD

225114.jpg

225115.jpg

Found this dealer sticker on a 124. Might be after IH as it looks a CCC type of Dealer sticker. It is the late Boyer IH Equipment in freeport.

It must be between the IH years and the company Dennis mentioned...Rusch Equipment in 90/91
226386.jpg

Best I can do for a pic is today's Google Earth View.
The place has stayed the same best I can remember over the years.

London , Ky.
(1 pic split in the middle to get by limit = 2 pics)
226395.jpg
226396.jpg

It's always been a dumpy lookin' place just on the side of the road. Not what I even call a lot but just a place to pull off the road. Bad place to get back out on the road at times. The truck in the foreground almost has the rear bumper on the road.

The last time I was by the Louisville plant ('77?) they were walking picket. I worked at a car rental place down the road from there. Thrifty Car Rental then years later at Medleys Auto and Equipment farther down the same road and I believe Paul Bell worked at the airport that was down past Medleys.

Latest posts

Back