• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would you convert 420 inch pounds tourque? Would it be equal to 35 foot pounds?

blush.gif
I never knew Kohler offered a .003 piston..........

What would be the application/need for that?

James C;

You are correct. If you Google Conversions, there are several sites that will convert almost anything.

CRAIG Mc.....I have pictures of most if not all the cubs that were at CUBARAMA in Fredericktown,Mo. If you want a CD of them, e-mail me an address and I will ship you a CD with the pics. Couple of interesting cubs.

JP put on another great event. Special thanks to him and his crew for a great time.

Charlie: Where can Cerma Lube be bought...NAPA, Advance Auto Parts, Autozone??? Also what kind of $ does it sell for?

Thanks!

Dang that isn't bad for off the top of my head. I tourqued my K241 after being impatient with MMO and just cleaned the Head and valves and wondered if my figures in my head were correct.

Charlie: I forgot to put in my previous post...The only kind of contact/product inquiry info I could find is "866.942.3762" That is their phone number, correct?

Lyle: The 1711 is a CCC built machine...a twin to a 782 with an aluminum rear end.

I have a 1712..same tractor as the 1711, but the 1712 has the front hydraulic ports.

Lyle,

As Bill said, it's basically a twin to a late model ('83,'84,'85) 782...and they should make very nice tractors!! Like Bill, I have an '84 782 with dual hyd. (1712) and love it!

Paul P.
I got tired of banging my butt on my cub and got relief from a small (about 2" diameter) air-ride. My brother-in-law was an application engineer for Firestone Air-Ride and he supplied me with one for a REALLY good price (nothing). As to where one of these jewels can be found retail, if Firestone made them, they have to be out there somewhere. I have also heard that reducing your rear air pressure a little helps some too. If all else fails, I've heard that Polygrip is one of the best!
Vince

No I'm not slacking on my mowing duties Charlie, the Old Man got the ok a month ago to start doing things again so he can mow with his little old crapsman. Plus then it is mowed the way that he wants it and cann't complain that it is too long or short.

Wild Bill,

Kohler makes pistons in the following oversizes; .003, .010, .020, and .030. The .003 is intended for rebuilding when the standard bore is in relatively good shape and can be returned to spec status (at .003 oversize) with just a hone. I personally don't recommend this procedure...if the engine is apart and at the machine shop, bore to the next .010 oversize and use the appropriate piston. This always results in a round bore with no taper and better clean-up.

Yesterday, when I was putting on my plow bracket, I acidently pinched the wire that houses the headlight wires between the bolt and the frame. It smoked and filled my whole garage up with smoke. It stopped about a minute later. Now, today, I go to start it. The starter turns the engine but it is not starting.. Could this be a spark issue. HELP

It didn't really look like there was much damage( if any) to the wires.. All that burned was the metal-like casing that houses the wires. The Metal housing carry's 3 or so wires off of the battery. When it gets to the starter engine it splits. the casing is split and two wires come out of the casing to the starter. Then the casing carrying the other two wires continues to the headlights. I pinched it where the plow mount is on the right side. I guess it was in the way and I didn't see it. So I just electrical taped it. What do you think??

More than likely you fried the voltage regulator and or the condensor. IMHO, putting tape on a wire isn't a fix, especially if you didn't ohm or meg it to make sure it's not damaged.
But it could be a number of things, time to trace and check the wiring system, especially the grounding points. That's what I'd do anyway.
biggrin.gif

Robert F., What model Cub is it? There is only one wire from the key to the + side of the coil, on most models, that supplies 12 volts to create spark. It may be that the terminal on the back of the ignition switch burned and is not making connection to the coil. If the starter is turning, all you need is voltage to the coil for it to start.

Latest posts

Back