• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron S,
I assumed my driveshaft & fan were original, but I don't know. My fan isn't plastic, rather it appears to be all metal. I see no retainer clip, rather there is a 'slip collar' with a set screw. Assumingly, it secures it to the shaft and holds the fan in place on the shaft. There appears to be fiber gaskets on either side of the fan hub, and some sort of ring/collar in front of the fan keeping it from traveling toward the rag joint end.... ???? I will, however, remove the paint off of the shaft.... Any other ideas,,,,anyone?

RW
happy.gif

Set screw in a fan means one of two things.
1. He's got the old original metal fan.
2. Some has replaced the plastic with a non OEM fan.

Either way, they can be a PITA to remove, sometimes that are painted and emory cloth helps bunches there. And sometimes burrs on the drive shaft makes them dang near impossible to remove without some fine tuning of said shaft.

Charlie,
Thanks for the reply & imput as well!
I will do as you indicated & shine up the shaft with some emery cloth down from the collar. Then I'll see if I can get a pair of Channel-locks on the collar and get it wiggling off without distroying it. I may go ahead and apply a bit of propane torch heat as well prior to the wigglin'
yikes.gif
.......... Wish me luck!

RW
happy.gif

JMHO here, I'd use an open end wrench about the same size as the shaft and tap on it with a LFH rather than grab it with metal eating jaws.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hi I cleaned the head of my K241 on my 104 and it ran like new for 30 minutes and the acted like the valves were sticking again and backfired and sputtered but still ran and so after letting it run a while and running MMO in the gas and squirting in carb. I turned it off and checked the head bolts and had to retorque the bolts. Would the bolts loosening cause the engine to act that way?

Ryan: With any additive sometimes it wil help sometimes not. Will not hurt anything as for the heping part could quiet the motor down some also could slow any oil consumption down.

Used about all kinds of different brand Marvel Mystery Oil seemed the best. For cleaning valves, carb, I like STP's new Booster additive it susposedly has jet fuel in it seemed to help the 1000.

If the motor is going bad might make it last a hair longer but usually a bad motor is to far gone for any stuff you pour into it.

My 2 cents.

Pops

James: depnding on how loose but yes it would. Remember it is a combustion area needs to be sealed tight to make the mixture work right!

My 2 cents.

Pops

Charlie,
a) Is that a Johnny bucket and b) did you add the winch?

Latest posts

Back