• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill T., sometimes when I get *just a little snow* I'll just use the snowthrower as a blade and when I get to the end of my driveway I turn on the snowthrower and throw the accumulated snow. I'm curious, you stated: "Since the thrower already has the lift and spring-trip mechanisms...." what snowthrower do you have that has a "spring-trip" mechanism???
65878.gif
I know that the BB36, CW36 and CC36/CC42 snowthrowers have springs on the front but I do believe that they are a type of lift assist.....
dunno.gif

Thanks for the advice on prep. and painting Allen and Ben!
beerchug.gif
I got it back down to bare metal (and ospho again) and will proceed as suggested.

65882.jpg

Got a few more parts back on and still waiting on my order of more yellow spray bomb paint to finish up with. Things like painting the correct side of the implement height cam....
dunno.gif

65883.jpg

Aw Jim: just put it back together and add some Mystery Oil. A little oil usaged in these old guys is good!
bouncy.gif

Pops

Richard
Nice job! I'm going thru the same process right now on a 149. I can't tell for sure but there doesn't seem to be a spacer between the muffler and the heat shield. The muffler may contact the hood if that's left out. Should be about 1/2" tall.

Chris P -

Another area to look at is the overall condition of both battery cables. My 123 had lived outside for many moons before I got it. I shined up the ends of both cables and the S/G would not turn over. I put the meter to both cables and found that the negative cable (all of 12 inches long) had nearly infinite resistance. While the cable looked reasonably good on the outside, there was heavy rust between the wire and the terminal end. Two new cables and it fired right up.

Thank you Jerry!! I never knew that a spacer went there, it will get one. The muffler had, in the past, made itself known to the hood and when I got it I kinda "adjusted" it down with the air deflector shield slot to clear the hood. Thanks again.}

Hello
Boy talk about nice neighbors.. My neighbor Steve just gave me a new Craftsman toolbox and a Craftsman 10 piece air tool with a 3/8" ratchet,1/2" impact wrench &an air hammer set for working on my Cub Cadets. You never know what might happen when you cut the yard across the street without telling them when you need to test a cub and your lawn doesn't need it.
smile.gif

ihrotate.gif

Richard T.
Clear coat that hood and make it a Delorean Edition Cub Cadet

Any body got pictures of a 1782 deisel cub that they could post? also a Lt 125. just woundering Later Don

Im working on my 105. Does anyone know where I can Get the fixed bearing pully that goes on the mule drive?? Mine was no good. I tried to press out the bearing and blew it up. This bearing does not press out like the other one.Thanks in advance Don.

Ya know, these colorful boxes at the top...

Madson's Service - Specializing in parts for Cub Cadets
R.F. Houtz & Son - We specialize in discontinued Cub Cadet parts
C.C. Specialties - New & used parts
Cub Cadet Warehouse - New & used parts

Now where would I find a mule drive pulley. Hmmmmm...

Bryan,
If you would ever get over to the Houtz camp and pickup your box!!!!!
Or you can wait till I get back to town, and I might get that goof that's runs CC Specialties to send ya one or two, MAYBE!
biggrin.gif

Charlie -

Ya missed it entirely. Check a few posts down from mine
wink.gif

I have a 129 Hydro and I just fixed the automatic compression release. The tab wasn't lifting the valve at all before I adjusted it. Now is turns it over (it never did before), starts good, and runs good, but I am getting a clatter from the engine. This noise is new since I adjusted the ACR tab. Is this common or has anyone else had this happen? I am concerned that it will harm the engine. I hear it at low or high rpm
Any comments greatly appreciated
Thanks
Earl LaMott

Here's one for the group..........should one keep oil in an engine that is going to be stored for a while or store it with an empty crankcase?

To All:

Does anyone have any definitive knowledge or information on the Vendor or Manufacturer that makes the Stens 120-265 Hydraulic Fliter....???

dunno.gif

Henri; I like to store with oil in. I use cables and battery and crank enjine over A couple times a year. Just my 2 cents.
Luther

Back