• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Henri,
You may want to
rtfm.gif
take a look at page 14 of the Kohler Operator's Manual, Operating & Maintenance Instructions.
They provide long term storage instructions there. Here is a free link to the manual:

http://www.kohlerengines.com/common/resources/tp_1346_c_all.pdf

To be specific to your question, sounds to me that Kohler suggests that it be stored with fresh oil in it.......
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

What is this automatic compression release?? How do I test it? Does my 125 have one? My 125 cranks very slowly and the battery is good and I have a low voltage drop, this could be my problem, Ken

Ken W: Not likely...First you must replace the ground cable and attach the frame end to the Starter/Generator bracket...Yeah, I know that's not where IH did it which is exactly why you need to. Then tell us about your starting problem, if any.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Hello
Well I got the transmission back on the 1250 after getting the trunion arm welded up, cranked the motor and the shaft spins all the way through the hydro pump but the wheels don't move. Anyone have an idea what I did wrong?
bash.gif

James C.
Kinda hard to tell without seeing a pic of what you have, but it sounds like your linkages got put back together wrong IMHO.

JamesC, could it be that the nipples on the relief valves were pressed down during the repairs and are still depressed. Just a thought.

Charlie
I think you are correct I noticed after posting that I forgot to connect the brake linkage. I'm charging the battery right now so I'll see shortly. (IH Pushmower) Thanks to all

Hello all. i`am planning a long trip. Got me a cub to get and no way to get her home Later Don T

I continue to get filthy grinding paint and rust on the 129 rattle can refurb. even with proper protection. Again, the wife thinks I'm crazy for spending this much time on an "old machine" but at least she still smiles kinda sideways when I talk about what I have accomplished on the Cub.... and still feeds me.
beerchug.gif
. I got the hood primed and after dry sanding will be ready for color. The deck cover is in good shape for paint too.

65897.jpg

The 44A needs more help but is getting there.

65898.jpg

I have a 282 that is in great shape, it was sitting in the PO shed for 8 years, everything works well except one of the deck spindles, are the bairings replaceable? I was able to buy some, but I am having a difficult time getting the spindle apart. Is there any information on doing this?
Thanks
Jim

Latest posts

Back