• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsterley

displayname
Darren Sterley
94615.jpg

Ryan W..
w/o the baffles, the grass won't all exit left and will leave "stripes" of cut grass behind you. I made my own when i rebuilt the deck, and welded them in. I used the blade to gage the arc that the baffles need to be. Lowes or Home Despot should have stock you can bend over a bucket or something... HTH

Good Morning All,
My cub runs, I just got the tank and the rest of the parts...She fired right up and no smoke at all...

I am having a fuel issue though. When I start it up fuel drips out of the carb where the choke valve opens. I replaced the bowl and float seal... What else could it be?

Kevin, the Float isnt set properly allowing to much gas to fill the bowl and thus overflow and drip out of the carb. When you hold the carb in your hand upside down, with the bowl off, the float should have a slight upward tilt from horizontal, that way the gas pushes it up and closes the needle valve to shut off the gas, If the float is perfectly level, it will not have enough pressure to do this, there is a spec for the amount of upward tilt, but I dont have my book handy at the moment to quote it. If the float is set right, you might have a worn needle valve and seat. Thats when its time to rebuild the carb and replace the needle and seat. Could also just be a spec of dirt in the needle/seat sealing area as well. Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the info, I will look at the carb tonight. I have the rebuild kit for the carb, I just have not done it. I will look at the float and replace the parts regardless...

Thanks again...

No prob kev, sometimes you end up having to replace the whole carb itself. I am looking at that with my IH built 782 KT17 series II. Has the one adj jet Walbro that is just a piece of junk, runs to rich and wont lean out, Been in the soaker can for 5 hours and blown out completely with gumout twice. Its a bit better, but still running rich. Gonna run it hard at the Ohio plow day the 3rd and 4th of next month and see how it goes, might just need worked. The tractor was thrown back together right before I bought it. He said the KT hadnt been run in several years. Good Luck. Mike

I think someone asked what kind of steering wheel center cap was used on the 982, and I didn't see an answer. My new (to me) July '80 built 982 has the same cap as the 1X6/7 series.
I don't have a pic though.

I had posted a link to one on epay, but I see that is a no-no.
Kraig, do you have a pic?

Todd, someone asked about a 122 center piece on a previous page, and Kraig posted a picture. That what you are referring too ?? (Go back to yesterdays posts to view)

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Kraig, do you have a pic?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

lol.gif
whistling.gif

94621.jpg

Hey guys I havent been on here for some time and have a few questions. Recently I put a wanted ad up on Craigslist and have gotten quite a response. The first question is. How much is a Kohler engine worth? I have found 3 of them and the guy said to make him an offer, they all need rebuilding and arent in any cub. Second, another fellow has 3 cubs that are all in good shape but dont run and HE said make him an offer. One is a 147, a 122 and a 127. And finally, is it all that hard to custom make tire chains? Thanks Scott

Scott S...
At the risk of getting
poof.gif
'ed,
The cub takes a unique block without ears at the base, so it will fit in a cub frame. This could be used in your favor, tho.... A non cub block will fit in a WF cub, but not a NF... There are some non-cub apps that use the narrow base. Check out the FAQ's for block differences... as for $$$, they're worth what someone will pay for them, IMO... See our sponsors above, as well as the classifieds here, they both offer engines, and they state their price. HTH

SCOTT S. - about making tire chains. Yes, You can make them...but it's a LOT of work and You really need a welder. All my chains for CC's have a twisted link with a small "V" shaped bar welded across them....I buy the replacement cross chains every time I find them at My usual CC parts places. They're getting REAL hard to find anymore, and expensive when You do find them. The side chains never wear out.
And then the chains for My Farmall's they're home-made too....Dad & Son made them...took 2-3 sets of semi-truck tire chains and made a set of rear tractor tire chains...cross bar every other link...two sets, one for H and M both...I bet each chain weighs 200#.

Scott T.
I will have to disagree with your statement obout the baffles.
The 42" deck on my 127 has the baffles intack and in good condition, however if I travel to fast through thick grass it will leave strips of cut grass behind.
The 32" deck I sometimes use does not have the baffles and as long as I go slow through the thick grass it does not leave the grass strip.

not sure if someone can help me here with the larger cub, or know someone who can help. I just deal with the lawn tractors. I finished restoring my 169. beautiful.
A fried has a 7233 cub cadet with an injector pump that has the piston move forward and gives gas but when its retracted...it locks and is stuck there. And then the tractor shuts off and can not be started again. once removed, Everything looks complete. What can be the problem. you can email me directly at [email protected] or [email protected]. thanks for any help/direction
jim

Hello guys i'm a new member to the site but i've been looking here for help since I got my 128(I think). You all have been a big help to me fixing my cub just from readng your posts. I'm thinking of getting ag tires to plow snow with my chains really ripped up my pavment but i don't want to waste my money. How do ags plow?

Donald H., first of all welcome to the forum. I have a set of Carlise power tracs on my 128. The ags grip so well, I have not had to put my wheel weights on for anything(havent tried em in snow yet)I dont think you will regret a set of ags.
94627.jpg

Can ya post a picture of your cub? I am sure the model could be identified.

Donald- Ags are great when it comes to land plowing and other ground work but they really don't serve an advantage for snow with possibly the exception of just moving through areas that are unplowed. Your best bet is to load up on as much wheel weight as you can afford. I have bought a spare set of rims just so I can go back to truf tires and chains in the winter months. jmho Good luck.
thumbsup_old.gif

Hi, new here, and hopefully this is the right place for questions.
I have a 149 Hydro that I am having a problem with it. When I shut it off the trans appears to be locking up, and you cannot restart as it will still be engaged and the starter gen cannot turn the trans as well as the engine. Any thoughts, is this an adjustment issue, or a relief valve sticking.

Thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back