Archive through September 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I was looking through the FAQ's and saw #24, I have a loose throttle shaft, does anyone know where to get those washers, or a part number?

Thanks
Jeff

David Bailey
Here is what you need to hook a moldboard plow-cultivator,ect to your 122
94699.jpg

Scott T. & Kraig McC.,
Thanks for the tips on making my own deck shrouding!
For some reason I thought there was more to it than that (there usually is).
I guess I'll give it a whurl and see what I can come up with...

Thanks again, Fellas!
RWilke
beerchug.gif

Jeff R., I got my throttle washers from CC Specialties. One of them colorful sponsers at the top of the page. Those washers work great!

Some people just should not be allowed to play with an engine. The head gasket was leaking on the new to me 73 real bad (surprised it ran as good as it did) so I took it off to replace the gasket. Apparently who ever been in there before I got it from a friend had surfaced the head with a grinder. I should have taken pictures but I was so disgusted I just got out my surface plate and a stack of 120. An hour and a half later and it is flat again. Boy are my arms feelin it. Tomorrow I will finish up with 220 and put it back together.

When you start on a tractor rebuild you have visions of a shinny looking, good running tractor rolling out of the garage a couple of weeks down the road.

As the weeks go by you continue disassembling, repairing, cleaning, priming, ordering parts, and then the painting takes forever.

Finally one day after you have almost given up, its time to start reassembling and that is when the fun begins.

94701.jpg

94702.jpg

94703.jpg

94704.jpg

Still not a roller but it feels like there may be daylight around the corner. As many of these as I have done you would think I would know better than to start again, but already thinking about maybe getting back on the pickup / gator type vehicle.

Wow, I didn't know the bronze bushing was available. I'm looking through the Kohler K-Series 14HP Parts Manual and they don't show or list it. While we are on the subject, how do you get out the old bushing?

Richard, wow nice progress! Looking great.
thumbsup.gif
You're gonna be done with your 1650 before I'm done with K4K. Did you retire again?

I have too many projects to get done before winter so after this weekend the Original goes to the back burner until Spring. If all goes well I'll have paint on the hood and have the hood mounted and the engine installed. Then I'll roll it into a corner and cover it up. I want to get the Killer Kohler broken in before winter and that means I have to do a bit of work on a 105 chassis I have. The 125 refurb will have to wait until next summer. I also HAVE to get more firewood cut. I may have to take some time off from work to get some of this done.
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back