Archive through September 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, looking good, I’ll bet it will look even better with the sled hanging off the back at the end of the track.

Okay, question:

I'm putting a K301 back together, and I put in the governor gear, and the gear retaining pin. When I flipped the block over, the governor gear fell off it's shaft, right past the retaining pin.

Isn't that pin supposed to hold the gear on the shaft? If not, what holds the governor gear on it's shaft (besides pressure from the governor arm?)

looking to upgrade the diff in my 106/loader, last year i broke the carrier and a couple weeks ago broke the right axle, will a diff from say X82 series fit and is it any better than what i've got in there already?

Finally got Twister back together and have the Plowmaster running almost done
21851.jpg
21852.jpg
21853.jpg
21854.jpg
21855.jpg

Doug- A fine spline carrier and axles from a 782 or like AL tranny tractor will be a direct swap.

A carrier from a 1864 tractor, like what is in 'Twister' is slightly larger than the early fine spline axle setup.

You might want to take a smidge of ballast weight off though, because if the carrier or axle doesn't break, something else will.

new motor $x000
new set of tires $x00
new tractor $x000
taking first place in the NQS pro stock class and giving Lawn Tec tires their first NQS pro stock win......... Priceless

21975.jpg

thanks to Photo Joe for the Photo !

CUBGRATULATIONS Don!!!!!! :eek:) Perhaps it's time to rename the tractor, apparently it was enough.

Congrats, Don. I had hoped to make it to Princeton and didn't find the time. Now I really wish I could've been there. Good job.

Don!
That's a pretty cool way to introduce a new tractor.Nice work.

"Not a Nuff".....left in the check book!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Great job Don...sharp tractor!!!!!

Engine Questions for the Experts:
I came across a brand new KT17 last night and wondered if it would fit in my 1872, (as a spare) but then got to wondering..."What are the differences between the KT17 (Series II) and a Mag 18 anyway?" The obvious and easy question is "1hp", but there has to be more than that. The Series II is pressurized, but so is the Mag 18, so what's the difference?

Also, if anybody knows the difference between the Mag 18 and the Mag 20 to get the extra two HP, I'd love to know. Just exploring my options for a down the road (hopefully far down the road) engine repower.

Art, the Mag 18 and the Mag 20 use a bunch of different parts. Different valves, different crank, different shroud, different carbs, I'm sure there are other differences as well.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 07, 2004)

KT17 - Mag18 diff carb, KT17 had adjustable jets, M18 fixed;

M18 doesn't have points, KT17 does;

I think there is something different about the oiling as well, but don't recall right now.

Latest posts

Back