• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 19, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Larry, there was a hydraulic angle kit for the 54" blade:

309220.jpg

309221.jpg

Attachments

• 309221.jpg
    309221.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 309220.jpg
    309220.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 309220.jpg
    309220.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 309221.jpg
    309221.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 134
John,

Kraig has you covered....I was going to go with "To freaking heavy, but lighter than a Haban 42" or a 450
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 139
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
Charile -
Thanks for having the parts i needed to fix up my transaxle. Now once I put the axle back on I have to find a way to get the manual lift off so i can have hydraulics on my 129 ish frame.

I only use 2 bolts whichever set of weights I use, plastic covered Sears or the cast IH set I have. I don't remember how heavy the sears are, but push snow just fine on the 1200 and AGS. Power angle blades are awesome! Used on a buddies 1812 he had. May happen on the 1450, never know....

Charlie ended up with a brunch of unused blade angle kits. But they were just outta my price range. But certainly worth every penny!

My blade must have been a 42" originally. The PO must have had 6" fabricated and welded on each side. Looks nice, just a weld seam to notice it was widened. If I had the time I could grind it down and make it invisible. It's on the "to do" list LOL!

Seems I recall a few years ago when I found this forum that I saw a power blade set up posted.

Larry,

I made a 58" power angle blade out of 2 42" blades a while back. It went down the road with a 782 I sold when I bought the 1872 and 54" Haban power angle blade (the "big horse")

309227.jpg

Attachments

• 309227.jpg
    309227.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 309227.jpg
    309227.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 158
309229.jpg

309230.jpg

309231.jpg

Attachments

• 309231.jpg
    309231.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 309230.jpg
    309230.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 309229.jpg
    309229.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 309231.jpg
    309231.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 309230.jpg
    309230.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 309229.jpg
    309229.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 147
Hey, Steve, Kraig and Earl....Thanks for the info on the weights and the weight of the qa42a..

I hope 150 plus lbs is enough weight to offset the 100lb difference in the weight of the 42in blade and the QA42A as to where I can get traction trying to make that first cut with the thrower.

Best Regards
John

Nice fab job on the 58" blade, those stitch welds look "actually" measured,,,
thumbsup.gif

OMG that thing is a monster,,, Someone got an Awesome Blade!!!

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 141
Thanks, Almost too big in wet snow.....it would push you sideways quick!!!!

Haban 54" with extra height moldboard is a much more efficient snow mover....

Yup, my blade looks very similar with all the added supports and brackets extended to match.

It too will send you sideways in heavy snow if you push too hard with too much angle. But, like I mentioned, I haven't put any weight on the tractor(yet).

The worst thing about my 126? It's not a Hydro, has a manual lift and no cool hydraulic ports or power steering..Other than that..It's a great old machine...LOL...

I'm really kind of at head scratching moment here and starting to dismiss the idea of even trying the QA42A on it this winter....I'm about gun shy about the ground speed of the 126 without a creeper... I don't want to be constantly having to climb off and on to unplug the chute or whatever else might get bound up somehow..I have a bad knee and it's already hard enough to get on the machine, much less off and on multiple times....Man getting older after a life of hard work on concrete sure does have it's share of ailments.

On another issue...My old defunct IH dealer still has some Cub and Cub related items laying on their parts bin shelves..The owner, Mr Lewis, is 93 yrs old and comes to work every single day, talking to and greeting his customers and friends. They are operating a general tractor repair shop there nowadays and he is a local treasure...He sold me IH front wheel bearings for less that 10 bucks for all 4.. The bearings for the QA42A auger for 20 including the retainers..

I'd like to ask you guys to help me decide on the QA42A..Please offer me your opinions, based on your experiences and advise me...To me..this particular forum is the defacto single best IH Cub Cadet resource on the entire WWW..People are so nice and take their time to offer genuine help.

I think Charlie P and the rest of you guys who are the back bone here ought to give yourselves a big "thataboy"..

Best Regards
John

John M., couple of questions. What is your driveway surface, gravel, pavement, other? How long is your driveway? How wide is your driveway? What is the typical consistency of the snow that you get, dry and light, wet and heavy, both? The reason I ask about the driveway surface is because if it's gravel you'll want to hold the snow thrower up so it doesn't throw gravel. This can be rather hard on your right arm, especially if the gravel surface is uneven so you have to vary the height. If it's paved then it's just lower it and go. If your driveway is long, then that first pass will be hard as you'll be taking a full width "bite" for a long way. The secondary passes you can vary the width of how big of a bite you take. If your driveway is short then that first bite won't be so bad. If your typical snow is wet and heavy that is harder to deal with. Dry and light snow is hard to overwhelm the snow thrower with. If your snow is wet and heavy I highly recommend making sure that the auger housing and discharge chute do NOT have any rust on the surface. The presence of rust will more easily plug up the thrower with snow. Contrary to Hydro I recommend a good coating of paint AND with a top coat with Slip-Plate or some other brand of graphite paint. I like the brush on version as it has higher graphite content then I touch it up yearly with the spray on version. In my experience I have found that with the graphite paint coating in the auger housing and discharge chute even if it plugs up I can clear it without getting off the seat by raising and quickly lowering the thrower. The thump on the ground will usually clear it.

After my third failed attempt at removing my third steering wheel today- with a PULLER, I am wondering.. why the 'heck' did IH ever feel they needed to use a nut to keep them on!?!?

(Just a bit of frustration humor.)

Kraig,

Isn't there a photo of the highly engineered wood block under the wheel and harmonic balancer puller being used to get steering wheels off. That's how I get mine off. The wood is usually split down the middle with clamps holding it back together so it can grab the steering wheel.

Anthony,

You need to make use of the fine thread 5/8" bolt nut and hammer trick.

Thread nut part way on to both the bolt and steering shaft, leaving small gap above the wheel, sit on seat and push up hard with knees under wheel rim, whack bolt head with hammer......they usually cut loose on swing 2 or 3 if you are pushing up hard!

J.E.M., I'd say go ahead and mount it!

Even if you get heavy wet snow 1/2 the time, then you'll still get to play with the other half of those storms!
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 138

Latest posts

Back