• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis,
Believe it or not, That's Wes Peterson, the head of the EMS and First Responders!!!! LOL
And yes I had to drive down about 2 blocks and pull him out after his engine died on him, grin

Travis - Tell the people up in Blooming Prairie to quit getting 12" of rain over night and sending their problems my way and then I wouldn't have to share them with you.

(Message edited by hsimon on September 15, 2004)

Dave K:

Sure enough, the endcaps are held in place by the hydraulic hoses, they are sealed with O rings.

Charlie- Did he smile when he was saved from his little blue oval by your Bowtie???? LOL

Well, I ran across a decent 582 with the high/low range rear end with a 46" deck, but its 120 miles from here and its $1500, a little out of my budget, and it has 1045 hours. If they came down to $1100 I'd take em up on it. I know exactly where it is, its at a JD dealer that I've passed by many times on the way to Scout camp before I aged out.

Jim, Dave,

They are also very prone to leakage if any rust at all makes it into the outter O-ring grove.....BTDT & Bought the T-shirt!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Matt,

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Steven III liked him!!!!

21545.jpg

CORRECTION!
Plow Day 3 was in Wolf Lake, IN ;o)

Matt, sorry to hear about Bear, here are a couple that Ryan took.

21548.jpg

21549.jpg

Thank you for the pictures guys keep em coming. Im sittin in school right now but i do have another question. What are the pros and cons to duals. Any uneeded stress being put on the axles? Just wondering. Mjs

Matt S. -

Duals are great for flotation. But they SUCK in snow, where the LAST thing you need is flotation
wink.gif

Other downside is it make the tractor unduly wide, which means you can't "trim squeaky tight" if you have a smaller mower or, as was my case, a narrow front sickle mower.

And if you're going to plow with duals, you will need to remove the right side dual.

And so sorry to hear about Bear - I may have a pic somewhere...

SB/Kraig -

Well hell's bells, I KNOW I've got that bear/cadet doc somewhere. I remember it being reprinted in the chapter #2 newsletter, too. Still digging...

Bryan-
So all in all. No extra stress on axles or drive system??

MATTHEW - The outside tire puts a lot of added bending stress on the hub and axle stub. I'd suggest running Your dual tires 2-3 pounds lower inflation pressure than the inner tire. And when the inners only run 6-8 psi You end up with the duals essentially FLAT. When full size duals first became popular in the early 60's Farmers broke a LOT of cast iron wheel centers & hubs on tractors using clamp-on duals because of the added stress the tire hanging that far away from the hub caused.

I'm going to post this before Bob does....

THINGS WE CAN LEARN FROM A DOG

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Take naps and stretch before rising.
Run, romp and play daily.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

Things we can learn from dogs:

-- It's easier wait for handouts than to act in your own interests.
-- Groveling gets instant rewards in this world.
-- The more times you bring back the stick, the more they'll make you go get it again.
-- You can go from Top Dog to Peon in the swipe of a paw.
-- Some may see you as a best friend, but others see you as a delicacy.
-- Being subservient can change you.
-- Never give up the right to choose who you mate with.

There's never been a more ture statement!
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Women, of course, come and go, but dogs are forever.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Is anybody going to be at both plow days that could transport a small item for me.
thanks
Brad

Latest posts

Back