• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a question I have an Original that had a bad start push button which I replaced.

Now the wires are getting red hot inbetween the key and that push button.

Anybody know what I can check to correct this.

Thanks
Tim

Hi, I'm new to this site. I don't have a cub cadet yet but am presently looking for one to restore. It looks like all you folks in the Illinois and Indiana area have the corner on the market for boneyards to go and pick a candidate to restore.

I'm looking for a place like R. F. HOUTZ & SON INC but in my (Memphis TN) area so I can go and look for something to restore. I have looked at the for sale area on this site and they're too far away or already restored. I would really rather go to a boneyard and find a real project. Yeah, I know when I'm through I could have bought a restored one for half what I have in it but I'm looking for a winter project.

Do any of you know of a potential boneyard in my area. I'm willing to drive a couple hundred miles one way if a good one can be found.

Thanks very much for your help.

slim

On the subject of duals on a Cub. I have them on my 682. They are not that much wider than the 10.5's that were on it. I'm using 6's for the dual's

I run the outters at around 5 psi and the inners at around 10.

FYI..

I'll see If I can get a pic tonight.

Steve B

Are you looking for something different on the bears and cadets than what is in the uh....FAQ's (last item)?? Do you need the size's

(Message edited by pbell on September 16, 2004)

Steve B.
here is a copy of the bear template
21556.jpg

SB/Kraig -

Ummm, boy, am I embarrassed! Paul's right, check the last question in the FAQ...
blush.gif

Robert, You should try to attend next month's Plow Day. there's always some project tractors for sale there. Also lots of parts vendors.

I'm celebrating getting hooked up to DSL conection today. It is so neat and fast. No more dialup, always on! Here's a couple of photos we took at last fall's PD at Travis's place.
pd fall 2003
fall pd 2003

(Message edited by jlang on September 16, 2004)

Paul/Bryan,

I was certain that it was on the "original" website, along with the ERTL toys, paint codes, etc. When I didn't find it there I assumed (bad thing to do) that I was just nuts and went from there......

Egg on my face too!!!!!

Thanks for the info Paul, a friend of mine just bought a couple cadet statues on an estate sale and needed some info.

I had problems getting some photos small enough for the 50 KB limit, so posted a link to a couple I posted on SFM site. Sish you could have seen the ones I tried to upload here!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on September 16, 2004)

OK Pics for Matty and Kraig,

This is the over all look.
21559.jpg

It measures 41 1/2" over all width.
21560.jpg

A pair is only 12" wide
21561.jpg

I run them "dish" in to keep the track narrow.
21562.jpg

I think it looks good over all.
21563.jpg

The exposure is only 5 1/2"
21564.jpg

I like those dual tires. What is the size of the tires and the rims? Do you have a pic of the parts to join the rims?

I know Tedd's waiting for someone to comment on his rear, but I ain't gonna do it...
wink.gif

Steve B.
Heres a scan of the Cadet template
21566.jpg

The base of either template should be pretty close to these. The longer template stands on the base, on the back side of bear/cadet. If any measurements are 1/8" or more different than these, I would be suspect of the bear/cadet.

(Message edited by pbell on September 16, 2004)

Actually guys im thinking of making duals out of my 10.5s on the 8.5 rims yay or nay
Mjs

Depends on what tires you have. Goodyear 10.50's will fit on a 8.50 rim okay, but I think you would be hard pressed to get a set of Titan 10.50's on 8.50 rims. The sidewall is very stiff, and I don't think the tread would round out like the Goodyears.

help. i have a 149 that i think needs the linkage at the hydro adjusted. the bracket with the slots does not seem to go down far enough to let the hydro go into neutral. when you go to start it it wants to go backwards and makes a clicking/racheting noise. the noise seems to be from the bracket with the springs (which is on the shaft that comes out of the unit) which seems to be pulsing back and forth.if you move the fwd/rvrs lever a little you can get rid of the noise and movement but when you apply the brake it does not go to true neutral. any advice or instructions would be a big help.

Max,

The tires are 6 X 12 Goodyear AG's. I do not have a picture of the spacer, but I'm sure you can find a photo on the CC specialties web site. Look for Dual wheel spacers.....

Bryan, thank you for sparing me.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back