• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akleyla

displayname
Amy J. Kleyla
LOL @ Harry...Yes please...I could use a Miller Lite about now. I dont know what colors ill paint the tractor yet,but I do know the thrower will be cub white.

I think the CW-36 I have throws snow close to 25',the wetter the snow the less it throws,but I did notice my thrower clears faster than the new Blower my dad had and it was a 2 stage. He kept getting plugged up where I kept on moving snow.

Of course I just smiled and watched my dad finish .He was so mad that day...he he he I just laughed an said they sure dont make em like they used to huh dad ( Yea,I got the look then too ) HA HA
happy.gif

Kraig, yes. those were the pics. Just foolin' around in the garage one morning.

Denny, my main tractor is the 73 with a replacement 8 hp in it. For giggles I tried looking up thermal transfer rates, while I didn't find exactly what I wanted, I found enough to know that cast iron won't ever be at the top of that list!

I am glad Frank got this started as it's something I've considered for a long time. And like I keep saying, it's your tractor so, if you like running it at w.o.t., then do it. My grass only gets thick in the springtime. So I don't have a need to max it out. When tossing deep snow I run it w.o.t. but if it's only 3 or 4 in deep, or very powdery, I might run at 3/4 throttle. It depends on the loading for me. If I'm loading the govenor I'll have the throttle at max, if the loading is light, I'll back off the throttle. But I'm never "lugging" the motor! If the motor can't make revs, I'll lighten the workload.

Dennis - nope, I engage the PTO at just a little above idle. Seen/heard it done at WOT and the dang belt really screeches!!!! Had a neighbor that always did that (on an off topic unit). Wondered how long the electric clutch would hold up. Manual clutch will take it better but still not good.

Amy - 25footer, that's a nice thrower, and on your Dad's, well - does he keep a pocket full of shear pins (hehehe). I hope Joshua gets back to us with the bearing number. Ooh, and one other thing. If you don't use IH CC yellar 'n white you won't keep the FEVER!!!!!

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - if you went and changed hammered to tap then my message won't make sense when someone pulls it from the archive. I didn't look but did you put tap in parenthesis? Or you could add a footnote the hammer must weigh less than 4oz. (Hey - you must have an old PTO bearing laying around, can you give us the bearing number? I think some of them start off with KKR, but it could be alot of different letter and number combinations.)

Hydro, when I get home this evening I'll have a look in the shed to see if I have an old bearing kicking around. If so I'll post the number. Don't worry, the way I edited my post yours will still make sense.

Amy: Go ahead and paint it pink, there is precedent:

Forum member Chris Rolke did one in pink for his daughter, I could find the finished photo, but here are some progress photos:

244748.jpg

244749.jpg

And one spotted at the the 2009 Cubarama:

244750.jpg

And someone posted a link to paint chips of International Harvester paints, there were at least two colors called out as "Pink"

Cambrian Coral #6
244751.jpg

And the very popular Coral Pink #70836 used up until 1963

244752.jpg

Even Long-time forum member Art Aytay is not above giving his yellow-and-white tractor pink accents (although I suspect the picture below may may have been Photoshopped):

244753.jpg

It is your tractor, since you're a woman, I imagine you want to give it a feminine touch. Now when the guys start painting their tractors pink, well I begin to wonder.
smile.gif

MIKE - The food/chemical processing equip. company I worked for thought they knew everything about heat transfer, and yes, they knew a lot, but still learned something new every day it seemed.

We had a customer complain they kept tripping the thermistor on the VF drives in the electrical enclosure for the two rotary pump gearmotors. We cut a hole in the enclosure door to fit the Biggest heat sink I could buy in the door. Still didn't solve the problem. One night, the EE working on the problem got fed up, set a heat sink on top of the enclosure and went home for the night. Next morning the enclosure was a good ten degrees cooler than any other orientation he'd tried. That day we learned, "Heat Rises"!

Another time, customer sent in a heat exhanger cylinder. The customer was using a synthetic oil in his ammonia refridgeration system, and the oil & condensate was forming an acid and corroding the pure 100% nickel cylinder. That little layer .030" -.050" thick of oil & corrosion was reducing the thermal efficiency 30%.

There's so many things that effect the operating temp of the engine in a CC. Just saying a certain throttle setting, or timing setting, or carb setting only gets you part of the story. Is the grass screen clean and free of debris? Is there dirt & oil accumulated on the block, cooling fins, & head? How many coats of paint are there on those things? Are you mowing when it's 50-60 degrees or 90+ degrees?

SOME DAY I will get a CC instrumented like I said, tach, oil temp, head temp & EGT. Then we'll all know the answers. You and Dave Kirk did a good job with limited time & resources two years ago. Since this issue keeps coming up, I guess we need to complete the research.

Harry,but cant ya just see a gal with long blonde hair on a cute Pink CC mowing the grass ? I have the fever,I wont ever want anything else other than my CC
happy.gif
ihrotate.gif

Jeremiah,thats awesome ! I will have to look for those colors. I think they look really good together,but then again I am a girl. I do like the cub yellow,but I just really want to make this personal for me I think...Ty for sharing the paint colors an pictures of the pink CC
happy.gif

Amy K. First of All Welcome Aboard!!!
244759.gif
wave.gif
Now if you want to be a little more than different with painting your 104 the how about using the very unique and actually a really neat color of paint... the Blue/Gray FARMALL F Series color with red wheel rims and a black grille screen. Have custom made decals with two tone gold outer trim and the letters in white on a black bacground. Paint the tractor body, engine and hood the blue/gray. You would definintely have a one of a kind tractor.

Ryan McShane and I are toying with a custom painted 1x8/9 Series if we find the right tractor. Right now we're looking for his #5 169 and we have a lead on a good straight 149 that is a one owner and all original. Either one may be the custom paint canidate. Angel told me awhile back that I could afford the 149 if I'd sell those IH emblemed hub caps that are just collecting dust. I know that I'll never use them.

Marlin: What do you want for the hub caps? I need some for my 782, and I know I'll use them.
smile.gif

Amy: Marlin may have a point on the gray, gray and pink (and red) all complement each other, in my opinion.

Hey Marlin, a girl's hair would have to be awfully blonde to set off gray and black!

By-the-way, I know all about pink, my grand-daughter (age 4) told me everything I need to know: Everything needs to have pink in it, period! Hair pins, blouse, skirt, shoes, toe nails --even mine. Pink Rules!

(And yes, she has blonde hair, at least for right now.)

Kraig and Harry thank you very much for your quick and informative responses. This is one of the many reasons that I love this site. Harry the number on the existing bearing is FAFNIR RA100NPP C5 AND the number on the new one is CSA 205 16 INR. I will include pics comparing the two later. That little snap ring in the bearing will not allow it to go flush and so I'll remove it via Harry's recommendation and then I'll be sure to "tap" the locking collar into place!
happy.gif

Thanks everyone for all the information.I have a question. I use a 100 cub cadet with a self propelled Sears and roebuck tiller on it. The tractor is not loaded. The slower the tractor travels the better job it does tilling.
Should i add a creeper to the tractor/Or set the idle speed up to prevent damage to the engine? This is the tractor the kids drive a lot so it spends a lot of time idling. TIA.

Jeremiah hows this for blond, (this picture is 3 years old) and shes already layed claim to my 149 tiller.
She is my main 129/mower operator.

244764.jpg

the last to cubs in this picture repersent 78 years of tractors and 26 years worth of age of female operators..

244765.jpg

Joshua - thanks for posting the bearing number. I think you'll find you've already over come the hardest part of your PTO situation. Putting it back together is fairly easy. Make sure there are no burrs on the crankshaft or the basket pulley or bearing will grab and turn into a pain. Also, make sure you install the 6 (3sets of 2) screws on the clutch itself.

Amy - on your way to get some Hi-Life stop and get yourself a Bearing No. RA100NPP. I think that number will include a collar and set screw as well - or you can clean up a pair of your flanges and carry them in to see if that bearing will fit nice and snugly between the 2 flanges and not interfere with the collar, and the 3 little bolts will hold the flanges together so the bearing rides in them nicely. Let us know how you make out.

Luther H - I'd recommend both adding a Creeper and setting the engine speed up a bit faster. The Creeper will hold you back, especially in low 1st, and you don't want the engine lugging.

Now - for all you guys and gals getting into the pink paint - any chance you can start a separate thread? Otherwise I'm thinking I might need some pink stuff soon like Pepto-Bismol, cause I aint' got no Hi-Life left.

Well, we ain't pink but we are here at Forest city! Made it in this AM and got a choice spot. And picked up a QA42 blower at tha uction to boot!!
Dave S.

244778.jpg

244779.jpg

Quick Question: Can an "A" deck be converted to a "C" deck?

I have a 50A deck that I would like to run on my 782 but the under-carriages from the 1x8/9 are NOT compatible with the 82 series tractors.

Harry: A special "Pink" thread is not a bad idea.

Guys, what are your thoughts on if I make a small cut on either side of the axel shaft like this?

244782.jpg

Chuck go ahead, theres plenty of steel there....

Back