• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finally getting around to installing the sleeve hitch and spring assist on the 106. (Thanks Tom H.) Anyone have the bolt, nut and washer size for the 6 bolts to attach the lift lever mounting bracket? Once I have it installed what is the procedure to adjust the spring tension? Is it possible to have it too tight?

BTW - I sat down in front and pushed with my feet on the mower deck and it popped right on and cuts like a champ with the new belt. Thanks for all the help with that.

Hey guys, Does anyone have good pictures of a scraper blade (rear) for a wide frame? My boys group at church wants to make one from scratch but the only thing I have to go by is the "exploded" diagram in the manual. It would be nice to have an assembled view to help them along. They're excited about getting out the tools and I'm excited about getting a blade for the old 128! Thanks a lot.

Rocky B. -

Doesn't matter whether it's wide or narrow frame, the scraper blade is the same. You can take a look at the blades offered up by Agri-Fab and Brinly and I'm sure Kraig will post pics of the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> rear blade and box scraper.

Hello All,
I am very new to this board (and VERY typically female) and am hoping for some insight, information and HELP! in general.
I am trying to research the "features" on my IH/Cub Cadet tractor.
HISTORYI purchased my home in 1997. The IH was part of the package. It has been in "running well" condition since I acquired it with minimal care (yearly "tune ups" by a local handy man).
WHY I"M INQUIRING: I am Engine-Stupid... the gentleman who first did maintenance on the tractor tried to explain to me its "unique" features and told me it was quite a "find". I understood little and admittedly, at the time I was less than interested. However, I find that it is too large for me now and I am looking to get something more "handy", although reliable, and wish to sell this tractor eventually. To do so, I need to know what I have.
I understand that "monetary worth" is NOT discussed here. Please understand that I am not looking for that but for useful information as to what this particular tractor has to offer.
The information I have been able to get so far is as follows:
Late 1980 to very early 1981 manufacture
Model CC982
50C Rotary mower deck
Hook up in rear (to Yorke Rake possibly) with hydrolic lifting.

I have serial numbers for both the tractor and the deck if it will be helpful and I can eventually upload digital photos if more info is needed.
Thank you so much in advance for ANY help/information provided.

Here are some pics of the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> grader blade and box scraper.

30774.jpg

30775.jpg

30776.jpg

30777.jpg

30778.jpg

30779.jpg

30780.jpg

Lisa, 3/8-16 x 3/4" hex head cap screws.

Attachments

• 30779.jpg
    30779.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 30778.jpg
    30778.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 30777.jpg
    30777.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 30776.jpg
    30776.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 152
  • 30775.jpg
    30775.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 30774.jpg
    30774.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 30780.jpg
    30780.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 30774.jpg
    30774.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 30775.jpg
    30775.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 30776.jpg
    30776.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 144
  • 30777.jpg
    30777.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 30778.jpg
    30778.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 30779.jpg
    30779.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 30780.jpg
    30780.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 159
Bryan,
Does this mean some of us may wind up with sticky fingers????
wink.gif

BTW Baritone horn was the wepon of choice.
crazy.gif

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    896 bytes · Views: 145
  • wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 127
Erica, welcome! I have scans of the sales brochure that cover the Cub Cadet 82 series, how about if I send you via email the pages from the brochure that cover the 982 and attachments? I also have scans of a Datasheet on the 982 that I could send via email. Justs let me know if you would like me to send this info.

Lisa, glad to help, I was hoping you'd see that, it kinda got lost at the bottom of my post.

Kraig-

So fast! And so appreciated. I would very much like to start with the scanned sales brochure. I am not sure if email addresses are public... mine is following. Thanks again for the quick response!
[email protected]

Erica, yes email addresses are public and are in the user profile, I just didn't want to overwhelm your email without you knowing what attachments were being sent. :eek:)

I'll get them out in a few minutes.

Ray L. -

That's all ya got to say? Not even "we flat-out stink"????
lol.gif

<font size="-2">We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score. we're gonna win Twins watch that baseball soar!</font>
roflol.gif

BTW, the place at Wabash/Roosevelt is open again. We should do lunch again, perhaps after the Sox get done choking...
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 143
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 135
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 140
Bryan,

Took your advice you gave me last week. I broke down and bought a parts list for the original. Thanks for the advice.....

Notre Dame 34
Michigan St. 23

I love this time of year... It's misting out, very overcast, and 64 degrees at 2:45.

Steve B. or anybody that has changed the pulley on a 44A to the smaller size and runs it on a Quietline.

I replaced my deck drive pulley with the smaller one and my drive belt a (4904892R2) was now too long, changed it to a (59971C1) and that seems to put it in the right range. Is this what others found out?

Gov,
The true indicator of the Sox' demise is "Ozzie speak". His speech has gone from barely understandable to is this guy from another planet? The worse they do, the worse he speaks.

The Sox are truly multi-lingual, representing five different cultures: you got white speak, black speak, Japanese speak, Latino speak and Ozzie speak. I suspect they can't understand each other, thus the breakdown.

In lieu of watching a great ball team, we can always look at the great color scheme that clads the little known conceptual Sox Cadet that the IH Fathers rejected. Instead, they went with yellar and white, or so the story goes . .

30783.jpg

Lunch sounds fine <font size="-2">although hotdogs are just fine but if you want to go Oriental that's OK</font>. I'll contact you next week.

Attachments

• 30783.jpg
    30783.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 30783.jpg
    30783.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 146
Kraig,
You ever notice the more questions you answer, the more crap you gotta buy! LOL
30785.jpg

Attachments

• 30785.jpg
    30785.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 139
  • 30785.jpg
    30785.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 134
Bryan and Kraig,
Great pics and advice! I'll try to remember to post some pics of the boys' final product when it's done. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your goodies!
God bless.

I have a question about the oil pan on a 14 hp k-series (341). I found a cast iron oil pan off a older John deer, (hope I didn't offend anyone) that is a close match to the stock aluminium pan. The difference being two threaded holes that are on the side of the pan. It's been a long time since I disassembled this thing, and I can't remember. Is there any reason I cannot use the cast iron pan? And what bolts up to these two holes?

Richard,

Yes, that sounds correct.....

Latest posts

Back