• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 12, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbecht

displayname
Frank Becht
Where can I find the clearest directions for rebuilding the PTO in my newly aquired 149??

Thanks, Frank

Frank, I guess the first thing is get a kit from one of our sponsers,
And then go to www.cubfaq.com and look at item #7.
thumbsup.gif

Dennis F.-

I think it's missing the lifter adjusters because it's a K181. It doesn't have them to begin with. He said it's an 800, IIRC...
confused.gif

Bruce;
You can get those shims from Digger at CC Specialties.
Bobby B.

Terry, That's a cool front hoe. First time I've seen one and did not know they existed. Nice rear blade and a nice wagon too. Not to mention the lovely operator and passenger!!

The picture of your 104(?) also confirmed my suspicion that the white paint on my 102 is more cream'ish. I asked a question about the paint a while ago and nobody responded. I had a re-look at my rims and will be matching their "white" on the inside where it had seen little light of day. I don't have access to the paints (by code) you guys have on that side of the pond. Dawid (Johannesburg, South Africa)

I have a 1250 that is leaking in the rear. What Hydraulic fluid do I use after I find and fix the leak?
Terry

David J Scroll up to just below the sponsors icons. Click on the FAQ, look at number 5 for a guide to paint

Terry W:
Slide up towards the top of this page, click on the link to the FAQs and read FAQ #26; then slide back up to the top of the FAQ page and click on the link to Cubfaqs and read #34 on that page.....
thumbsup_old.gif

Dawid..Dave suggested FAQ5, while there, be sure to click on highlited 'International Cub Cadet Paint+" and slide down to bottom for some color chips.

Can anyone tell me if a CW 36 snow thrower will fit on a 147 with electric lift. I am really hoping so since I just bought it.

Mike S, ....It will...but you would have been btter off with a QA blower...anyway, yes it should fit, but you will have to screw around and put the four mounting bolts like the 70/100's and 1x2's, it will just be more of a nuisance than anything, in my opinion. get some other suggestions first.

I seen some cover for garden tractors and lawn mowers and got thinking it might be nice to have one but I haven't seen any that really appealed to me. Been talking to a couple friends about making some. I've already started crunching some numbers to try to come up with a rough price.

Ok...the question is...Would there be enough of an interest in custom fitted covers ? There would be a size for wide frames, one for narrow frame without fenders, with fenders would come later, and of course one for Originals. They wouldn't cover the tires but would everything above the axles. Would have a better fit that way, plus you can strap the tires down to a trailer when going to plow days and shows.

I'm thinking Sunbrella as the material. It's what most of the nice boat covers and awnings are made from. That material is kinda pricey but it is very high quality. Some <strike>cheaper</strike> less expensive materials are available, there not as heavy though.

So...what do you guys think...? <u>If</u> these are going to be made, what would you like to see ?
Oh, another thing...I thought it would be nice to have an IH logo stitched right on the front too but........Is there going to be trademark issues ?
I'm working on touching up a picture to show the general idea.

Michael, It might not be to far fetched to find someone with an early (non qa) tractor useing a QA who'll mabey swap you. I don't know but it might be worth a shot.
Brendan, I mean you no disrespect, it would (for me) depend on who you were going to market them to, Silver spoon in the butt kind of people or rusty fork in the eye kind of people. either way an idea like that could have a shot at success.

Brendan Brigham,
I keep four Cubs covered with tarps. They are a big pain. It only takes a minuet to uncover one but about 5 minuets to cover. When I uncover one I have to find a place to lay it out to dry. Not really a problem. But if I uncover all four, well it's a problem. This by the way is for summertime usage. In the winter it's a totally different thing. It's always a problem. The rope gets snowed up and frozen. The tarps need to be out of the wind so they don't blow away. And in either season the engines need to cool before being covered. During this time I relax and really, really don't feel like going back out and wrap them like presents with the ends going under the deck or where the deck would be before wrapping that with rope so that they stay put. Believe me if I had a building to put them in I would.

So If I were to buy a cover ( x4 ) here is what I would be looking for. First is cost. Because for all the work a tarp is, it is still cost effective. Second would be quality. It has to be made to protect and last.. outside in the weather. And lastly would be fit. It needs to cover the entire tractor. I see in your proto-type that it does not cover the wheels or lift arm. For me that would make it an item to pass on. Like I said I have ice and snow to deal with. And either one packed on or frozen on wheels, steering linkages or the lift arm would make it not much better off that leaving it uncovered.
This is just my experience in my area and what I look at. You have a good looking cover. And I believe it would make an excellent travel cover. But I would need more.

I forgot to mention that it would be very nice to be able to use the same cover for the same tractor when winter rolled around and my Cub had a blade or blower mounted on it. - Thanks -

Brendan,
I think the idea is good....white maybe not so good. Seems my hoods more often than not end up being used as work benches. Black with the logo in front for me. I like the non wheel covering style, especially if it could hold up on the trailer. That would also be helpfull when I needed to push one out of the way in the garage.

Richard P. No disrespect, but maybe you ought to sell two and build a little shed??

Brendan,
I echo most of Richard's comments. It is a pain to cover and uncovered tractors. I avoid it if I can. That said, I think your cover would be good for inside storage - especially if the inside storage is dusty/moist/etc.

Rick,
I can't speak for Richard, but it's hard to sell one or two of these tractors. And I don't need another little shed, but a BIG one.
clappy.gif

I would only buy one if it covered the wheels and went down to the ground. I would need it primarily for keeping dust and mouse turds off the 782D when it's stored for the winter. It would also have to be fairly reasonably priced.

I'd be up for those covers. The inside/backside would have to be a cloth type of material as not to scuff of the paint at the ridges. I do like the not covering the tires, that makes it less likely to wind get under it.

Back