• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale, Any shimming needs to be done on the outside radius of the bearings, the race, that the cone runs on.

If you shim the inside it will only serve to force the bearings away from the race. This will in time wreck the bearing. There is a note about this in the FSM in the front axle section.
You will bees much bigger shims than 3/4"

Usually they are available at your local hardware store and are called machine bushings but around here are only available in 2 thicknesses, 12 and 14 gage. It seems the bugger the radius, the larger the gage is what is offered.

Yu may have to order some from McMaster Carr

Glen, here's what that decal should look like:

322454.jpg

Glen, here's the info from the manual regarding that release lever:

322456.jpg

What diameter and length do you need for the allen head screws and do you use lock washers also?

Tim, I'm not sure of the size/length but yes on the lock washers. Kirk's Engine Inc., see link at the top of the page, sells a set of four screws with lock washers. Price is very reasonable.

Release lever for towing. the lever flops up and down. what holds it in the up or down position. It looks like it's called a dump valve . The lever goes to a flat plate that goes across two valves. Can not get pix to load its on a 125

Oh that is going to make things interesting. What are your thoughts Charlie? I've seen how Stanley pounded Mac Tools into the ground, and now only recently seems to be rebounding after getting some new (way, way overdue) competitive products. I wonder what they plan to do with all the MTD brands?

The end is nigh!

Glen, I believe if you look up underneath, the thin metal flap that contacts the hydro release buttons is broken or missing. It is only a decoration at this point in time.

Charlie,
So what? I thought we messed with IH Cub Cadets.
1a_scratchhead.gif

(keep in mind I didn't read the article)
err.gif

Back